V-Strom Hand Guards on a 2013...with Heli Triple Clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
The answer is yes with a little help.......

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

as you can see the brake side has a lot more room than the clutch side, that seems to be something to do with a redesign by Suzuki.....(My old ones that i sold Skooter fit much better)

I have the Salamander bar end weights on the bike and they have an insert in them that can be used to snap the guards too....when i do it i will take a pic...

Well it did it already so here are those pics too.

file-6.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

Just wanted you guys to know that they do fit....

R

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your reason for putting the hand guards on? I have yet to really ride the FJR but I seldom wore gloves on the HD. The bat wing provided some wind protection but if it was cool I'd just crank in a little grip heat. Considering you locale I doubt you need them for my current temps.

What is your reason for putting the hand guards on?
For me - 8 hours in a cold, driving rain was one. Temps in the 30's was another. In really cold weather, even with heated grips, the backs of your hands will still get cold - the hand guards keep the wind off your hands more.

what he said.......plus i really liked them on my 08.

We do some times leave the warmth of SoCal you know.....

R

Thanks for confirming they fit.. would they still fit with the stock bar ends?

Mine just connect at the pivot bolts. The part that goes back to the bar end is cut off. One advantage to that is that I can pull them back and really cover my hands if I want to.

I put mine back on just prior to riding down here to Florida, for Christmas vacation, last Saturday...they helped immensely as the temps ranged in the 30-40's most of the way down. I have heated grips and glove liners; with the hand guards, they are even more effective (think hands on fire, lol).

Rain protection. Rode back to my mother's house this evening in a pretty heavy downpour and when I got back, the fingers of my gloves were still dry thanks to the guards (was wearing Elkskin Ropers). :)

I received another set of hand guards this morning (the correct ones) from FJR goodies......

Here they are trimmed and mounted.

file-7.jpg

This is where i trimmed this side...

file-12.jpg

The other side..

file-9.jpg

The trimmed part...

file-10.jpg

These look a look closer than it really is.

file-8.jpg

file-11.jpg

From the front..

file-14.jpg

The hardware that came with the guards from FJR goodies is not perfect but it works, maybe next time Skooter's bike is in my garage I will switch it around while he isn't looking..

R

Thanks for the pics.. those look very good and the part that attaches to the barends doesn't looks squished like your first set of handguards.

Does the FJRgoodies.com handguards kit come with anything specific that makes it fit the FJR?

Thanks for the pics.. those look very good and the part that attaches to the barends doesn't looks squished like your first set of handguards.
Does the FJRgoodies.com handguards kit come with anything specific that makes it fit the FJR?
it comes with the correct guards for one thing and some different hardware....the hardware is not perfect but is better than the Suzuki hardware.

R

The trimming is done underneath on both sides where they meet the levers. And of course you need to make the hole on the ends bigger to go over the bar ends.

R