Vacume vs. Electric Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bramfrank

BramFrank
Reaction score
I've decided to install a cruise control unit on my bike.

I've ordered and paid for the CCS-100 from Audiovox - the electrics are no problem for me - been through the 'can't engage' issue with my old Connie and suffered through the old Concours' very difficult 'threading the needle' for the actuator cable - about the only issue is the problem of finding a place to put the servo on my heavily farkled '06.

Simple enough so far, no?

So my buddy, who is a dealer and is selling me the unit very cheaply sends me a confirming e-mail and asks if I wouldn't prefer the use the Rostra (the people who make the CCS-100) electric actuated version of the device.

I've done the research and it does seem that the unit is somewhat smaller - and of course there's no need for a vacume connection. I've seen reference to the fact that the speedo signal is too fast for the device in one thread out there, so it may not be a drop-in installation.

So this post is to ask if anyone with an FJR has done the electric Rostra and whether they are satisfied.

There are indeed extra costs for the Rostra (it costs more than the Audiovox) and money is very tight.

The wisdom of experienced users is solicited.

Last edited by a moderator:
about the only issue is the problem of finding a place to put the servo on my heavily farkled '06.
Not an issue. I doubt you have any farkles occupying this space:

servo_and_vacuum_lines_redone.jpg

Reserve canister fits here:

vacuum_reserve_canister.jpg

I would like to see someone post detailed install instructions for the Rostra. Unfortunately, the only people I know of who worked through all of the installation issues would rather not see others follow their example.

<Link 1>

<Link 2>