Vance and Hines CS One Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr23

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am looking to add a little sound to my 10 FJR and saw that Vance and Hines has come out with a new exhaust called the CS One that looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with this system?

Thanks

FJR 23

I was looking at one for my C14....damn things look nice compared to the stock potato cannon and sound great but it's a little pricy for me at $800. I havent dug into the prices yet for the '05 FJR.

Wow those are Bass Ass!, Anyone want to buy my TBR M5 carbon fibre slip on's ,Vance and Hines dealer here in whittier I am gonna go look this week. DR

Anybody locate these slip-ons at a discounted price? I know they're new, but seems like some dealers will sell 5-10% below retail. The black ones retail for $845. That's alot of cash for sure.

Found this site selling for the fjr $656 delivered for the black, $626 for the stainless. Probably no sales tax unless you are unfortunate enough to live in their state. Not a bad deal. Have no idea about this store though. But you are buying brand new, put it on a credit card and you have protection if they arrive damaged.

Got to admit these cans look nice. Let me know how they sound.

https://www.motorcycleexhaustdealer.com/products/YAMAHA-FJR1300-2006%252d2010-Vance-%26-Hines-CS-ONE-SINGLE-BLACK-45501.html

Love the look, but waiting on the sound report before I bite the bullet. I just got rid of my loud crotch rocket and am tired of the 80 MPH drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't take it anymore. These things got inside my head. I ordered them. The ceramic black ones. Got them for $680 delivered from fleabay. Here's the link but mine are the ceramic black, the ad is for stainless. https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Vance-Hines-CS-One-Slip-On-FJR1300-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230f5caf47QQitemZ150581587783QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I'll report back in a week or so.
I gotta hear them when you get them on. I'm local from over here in Junction City. Please let me know.

They are sharp! I would have a tough time deciding between the black or stainless color. I love the sound of Two brothers on My FZ1 but I think I should maintain the stealth sound on the FJR. It is just beyond my capabilities to accelerate normally when the bike sounds great. If they aren't too loud might have to look into them. Can't wait for a report.

I couldn't take it anymore. These things got inside my head. I ordered them. The ceramic black ones. Got them for $680 delivered from fleabay. Here's the link but mine are the ceramic black, the ad is for stainless. https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Vance-Hines-CS-One-Slip-On-FJR1300-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230f5caf47QQitemZ150581587783QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I'll report back in a week or so.
I gotta hear them when you get them on. I'm local from over here in Junction City. Please let me know.
Will do moto. The UPS driver showed up with them, but they sent the wrong ones. I ordered the ceramic black and the stainless showed up. I've got an email into the vendor so I'll have to see what she does. Dang... I was hoping to have these things on and run them down to Redding CA. I have a ride in appointment with Russell on April 8th and was hoping to give the new pipes a good test. Oh well... hope the exchange isn't a big hassle.

Will do moto. The UPS driver showed up with them, but they sent the wrong ones. I ordered the ceramic black and the stainless showed up. I've got an email into the vendor so I'll have to see what she does. Dang... I was hoping to have these things on and run them down to Redding CA. I have a ride in appointment with Russell on April 8th and was hoping to give the new pipes a good test. Oh well... hope the exchange isn't a big hassle.
That stinks! I was so excited waiting for YOUR UPS guy to show up I needed a sound file from you! Good luck on the exchange - hope they get in before your ride in date. :)

OK, I should update regarding the Vance & Hines CS One slip ons. I finally got the right one (Ceramic Black) and got them installed just before heading down to Russell for my ride in appointment. I now have about 1000 miles on the pipes and I have to say that I absolutely love them. The quality of the pipes is really nice. They are one piece all stainless steel units so the mid-pipe is welded to the muffler. The advantage is that the look very clean with no springs or fasteners in the mid-pipe. The disadvantage of this system of course is they will only fit on an FJR and can't be swapped to another bike if you change brands. Overall quality is extremely high on these. There is a stainless steel strap that wraps the muffler to hold the pipes in place. There is no gasket at the junction between the header pipe and the mid-pipe like the OEM cans have, but I haven't had any exhaust leaks. Sound is very nice and suprisingly not that loud. A definite growl at low RPM which is very nice, but at highway speed the exhaust note is drowned out by wind noise. Regarding looks, man I couldn't be happier. These things tuck in and fit on the bike perfectly. They are a little shorter than OEM and the inside and top facet of the triangle shaped can fits perfectly against the swing arm and bottom of the bags. They look perfect on the bike IMHO. I couldn't be happier and it was worth the wait and hassle with the wrong pipes showing up. I highly recommend these slip ons for someone that's considering changing from OEM.

Last edited by a moderator: