Vetter Magic Seat Board

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i just got my Assarang back from the upholsterer, it is quarter inch plywood covered in half inch foam both sides and then he made a case for it with a zipper.

here are some pictures.......

DSC_5213.jpg

When not in use for a short period of time i can hang it here.

DSC_5214.jpg

Or I can put it here for some nice back support.

DSC_5215.jpg

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Assarang, Richard!! I trust we'll be able to see it on Vancouver Island next week. :)

Lets put it this way, if it does what Iggy says it does you will see it in Vancouver, if it doesn't you will find it on by the side of I 5 somewhere.

R

Whoa whoa save the board it has dual use one is a seat for your bike and the second is when you are out some where and nature calls. Prop between two rocks or tree branches and you have an instant potty seat. So do not throw away just yet..

the only thing it may need is a toilet paper holder..... :drinks: :drinks:

Lets put it this way, if it does what Iggy says it does you will see it in Vancouver, if it doesn't you will find it on by the side of I 5 somewhere.
That's the kind of post that makes me feel a little bit better about what chaos I've potentially started. I can't see the picture here at work as it's blocked, but figured I'd get a chuckle when I get home. :clapping:

When I started this thread I couldn't help but remember a line from Pulp Fiction....and the internal debate on whether I should start it at all:

hansbr2.jpg
If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.
Hopefully, it doesn't end up on the side of the freeway with .45 holes in it and Fairlaner quoting passages about "great vengeance and furious anger".....

Well, if you do chuck it overboard on I-5, would you mind doing that between Red Bluff and Redding? That's the only stretch of I-5 I'm riding this trip, and if I find your upholstered assarang on the roadway, I'd love to try assboarding up 101. :lol:

You can borrow my assless chaps for that test ride. :tease:

edit: As long as Bungie or Aroostik aint borrowing them.

Just don't forget to cut the safety/retention cord before you send it sailing! :lol:

Having done long distance riding before it became a "sport" on very early motorcycles, I know about sore butt. This board appears to be the solution for real long distance riding. However if really long distance touring is your goal, a Goldwing with a Russel seat will take you a very comfortable 1200-1500 miles. You will still be able to put your feet down in an emergency. If you ride more than that in a day, you're really not touring, you are on some other mission. Then I would have to say this seat board would come in very handy. It just makes sense. Since you are on the mission, you will be prepared to get rid of it in an emergency. Even a Goldwing starts to get uncomfortable after 1200 miles. Then again most automobiles get uncomfortable after 1200 miles! Sounds like a good idea to me.

'

'

Having done long distance riding before it became a "sport" on very early motorcycles, I know about sore butt. This board appears to be the solution for real long distance riding. However if really long distance touring is your goal, a Goldwing with a Russel seat will take you a very comfortable 1200-1500 miles. You will still be able to put your feet down in an emergency. If you ride more than that in a day, you're really not touring, you are on some other mission. Then I would have to say this seat board would come in very handy. It just makes sense. Since you are on the mission, you will be prepared to get rid of it in an emergency. Even a Goldwing starts to get uncomfortable after 1200 miles. Then again most automobiles get uncomfortable after 1200 miles! Sounds like a good idea to me.
'

'
This little piece of free plywood and a $45 cover is considerably cheaper than a 20K Wing.

R

I cut one out quickly, as it intrigued me, and ook a 200 mile ride. Definately works, but also I can see the danger in it. Observations while riding: feeling around my azz/thigh area, there can be a lot of trimming done. I cut a extra 1 inch off the back, but can go more. Also, am going to follow the seat width as a pattern for the back to see if it's feasable, so a quick motion rearward of my legs would enable safe stops. The way it was, I had to get mostly on the pillian to. Actually, not too much trimming should be adequate, as I have a 34" iinseam. One other thing, as configured, it won't fit the saddle bags or trunk.

You know Craig Vetter is reading this thread and thinking "Whadda buncha dumbshits! Car tires on the back....toilet seats under the rider! You can convince these 'Sport/Touring' types just about anything!"