VFR1200

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it has such a sleek front profile, and aside from the exhaust drum (52 gal. i believe), I think it's one seriously sharp looking bike. I was also impressed by seeing it has shaft drive.

But a sub-5 gal. tank??? What the hell man?

I read where it does in fact have mounts for luggage, so I'm sure that's covered too.

But how stupid is the fuel capacity?

F-ing shame on that one.

Edit:

I do think that's a nice looking bike though.

Who knows, could be worth the extra fuel stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll wait till the ST replacement comes out based on this design. Wanna bet the gas tank magically increases in size - simply because they won't be using the engine to differentiate between the models.

But a sub-5 gal. tank??? What the hell man?
But how stupid is the fuel capacity?
If it won't go farther as fast as my FJR will, I won't have any good reason to want one.

I'll wait till the ST replacement comes out based on this design. Wanna bet the gas tank magically increases in size - simply because they won't be using the engine to differentiate between the models.
I'll wait for the Gen III FJR....

560 Watts

4.9 Gallons

Shaft Drive

588 lb.

170 hp

433 lb. max load

Throttle by wire

95 lbft torque

1 55w (low), 1 55w (high)

A marginal starting point for a LD bike.... and all that shiny-chromey shit is not doing it for me, personally....
shrug.gif

honda_vfr1200f_accessori_06.jpg

honda_vfr1200f_accessori_13.jpg

according to that site the bike does 177 miles on a tank of gas, yuck and the bags look like they are extra.

R

The battery is under the seat -- what a novel idea....! :rolleyes:

If we didn't already have the FJR, the VFR1200 would have profoundly more impact, I think? :unsure:

I also think a big part of the draw for the new Honda will be the V-4 engine -- they are different and some really like them.

Still..., if Yamaha would decide to use the 'cross-plane' crankshaft in future FJRs (power without loss of low-torque) -- well...?

All-in-all, it's good see activity in this market segment. :)

I thought this was the ST replacement -- that one model was replacing the VFR and ST. At least, that was the early buzz. Can't say I've been keeping up with the rumor mill.

Based on the little I've seen, this thing looks like a very worthy entry into the sport-touring sweepstakes. I'm not in the market, but I'll be keeping an eye on the evaluations as they come out.

I have a suspicion that maintenance costs would be a deal killer for me.

By the way, I can't even get into the web site at the moment. Must be a lot of interested people.

Don't know, of course, how tall this rider is, but my first impression of the ergos is, "Meh." And I'm gonna want more windshield.

nouveaute-2010-la-honda-vfr-1200-f-action-%C3%82%C2%A9-dr-44307-41-zoom-article.jpg

I think my bike lust will go in a different direction.

From what I have read there will be a second bike to replace the ST. Personally I like the looks. The VFR needed a bigger engine and face lift. I have ridden several Honda V4's and they are smooth and perform well for their size.

And what are they thinking - offering it in a gorgeous metallic red?

MamaYama could have told them that none of us ST riders would be interested in a colour like that... :rolleyes:

560 Watts4.9 Gallons

Shaft Drive

588 lb.

170 hp

433 lb. max load

Throttle by wire

95 lbft torque

1 55w (low), 1 55w (high)

A marginal starting point for a LD bike.... and all that shiny-chromey shit is not doing it for me, personally....
shrug.gif

honda_vfr1200f_accessori_06.jpg

honda_vfr1200f_accessori_13.jpg
If that is wet weight, I'll start eating catfood.

This bike has certainly spiked my interest. I think it leans more toward the sporty side of 'sport-touring' which I prefer.

I kinda wish it had an adjustable windscreen and a larger gas tank (though I could live with that).

Well, as others have said, it is really good to see the 'activity in this market'.

I'd be interested to see the VFR1200T model that there were rumors about.