Vibration that stops in a dip in the road!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I rode it home on level freeway the vibration was less than what I remembered. Then as I was decending a long steep hill the vibration came back. :angry2:
Something's loose enough to move under the "backwards" torque of deceleration. The motor mounts are the most obvious culprit.

Yes the mechanic torqued all of the engine motor mounts but did not do them from left side first to right. He thinks that idea is silly. He wanted to lube the spline but the service manager told him no. I agree with that because the vibration is being generated by the engine, not the drive line. As far as putting a jack screw between frame members and cracking the frame.... :clapping: come on.....

I don't have the time right now, (I am a long-haul truck driver in SLC, Utah right now) but when I do get time I will try the jack screw between points and see what happens. Can't hurt unless I hook up my 10 bazillion pound hydraulic press and rip the engine out of the frame. Now that would hurt. :p

Bill

Yes the mechanic torqued all of the engine motor mounts but did not do them from left side first to right. He thinks that idea is silly.

Then your mechanic is an idiot who hasn't bothered reading the Factory Service Manual.

This the same guy who thinks piston rings are a waste of time?