VIN #'s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbart

Reaction score
Hi all.I'm looking to pick an 09 AE this week.I left a deposit and am waiting for the recall work to be done.My concern is this:the VIN # of the bike suggests that it's an AS model which is only sold in Europe.Can anyone explain how this is accounted for or is this something I have to take up with the dealer? :glare:

Check under the seat. My '04 Service Manual states that the Model code sticker is afixed to the frame at the crossbar under the seat.

I hope it's not a europian bike! I here the ECU on those won't let you go over 100 MPH. :angry2:

Better check!

What specifically, about the VIN suggest it's a Euro FJR?

I find it highly unlikely a Euro FJR would end up in the states. And I am not sure what, about the VIN, would say it's an FJR for Europe. There have been 'Hawaii' FJRs in the states. Hawaii FJRs are shipped straight from Japan and never enter the north american Yamaha system. So their VINs won't be found by by anybody here. There's nothing different about the VIN, just ain't in the system.

I know this because I got one and recently had to jump through some hoops to figure all the above out. But I did get my free replacement TPS shipped from the Hawaiian Yamaha distributor.

Thanks for the input.The reason i thought the bike may be European was because i used a VIN decoder @ motoverse.com.

I called the dealer and he stated the bike isn't a European model.I know to check for the color - should be titanium/silver,and gauges should display in mph/kh.The European model is labeled FJR1300AS and displays kh only.