Vista cruise installation on '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one drawback to the AE seems to be that the Vista isn't workable. Anyone got any ideas besides a Throttlemeister or an actual cruise control?

I've drilled mine as well with no problems.

I always open up the switch case first to see what is behind the area I want to drill.

I just slapped the universal on my 06 today. Went on easy as pie.

I'm really want a Throttlemeister but will wait until after the trip. I needed something for my trip though.

Anyone know what that space is for between the brake perch and the switch housing? Where I put this? It was perfect for this.

06fjrvistacruise.jpg

Went with the drill-less install this time. A zip tie and some double sided exterior tape in strategic locations works well.

--G

Why won't it work? If it is the position you can use double side tape (the foam type) and it will hold fine. I have had mine that was since 03. Using the tape you can put the lever where ever you want it.

Bill

Okay, I installed it tonight with some help from FJR&R. Works fine, although I did had to grind down the grips somewhat. I'm not excited about that, even they turned out looking just fine.

Now if I could just shut down this thread...

I installed the vistacruise the one that's made to fit most Yamaha's) and didn't have to drill, grind or cut. Just had to move the brake lever over slightly to make enough space. A little touchy to calibrate so that it isn't too tight or slips off but other than that it works just fine.