Vista Cruise mounting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to remove.

I mounted one a month ago and followed the same link you have listed. You will first need to trim the grips as stated in the link...this is the only way you can slip the Vista Cruise on. I also used a dremel with a sanding wheel to make it smooth...as noted in the link... "Improvement". Unscrew the adjustment screw all the way out...this will open the Vista Curise so that you can slip over the throttle...like a clamp.

The trick is to LOCK the Vista Cruise prior to drilling the hole. This will ensure the Vista Cruise is alligned with the throttle. FJR Tech says to temporarily mounted the Vista Cruise to mark the hole but I think it should also say LOCK the Vista Cruise before marking hole.

Note...it may be a little tight. I had to pulled on my grips a little to make room. Also you may need to adjust after a few rides. The first time, or few times, I didn't have it tight enough and bumpy roads would cause it to unlock. Works fine now and love it.

Good Luck

Jim