Vista Cruise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastpappy

Reaction score
After searching I can't seem to find any recent info and I am still confused. I want to install a Vista Cruise but from what I see most posts say it won't work on my AE with factory heated grips. I just am confused as to exactly why it won't work and why it can't be adapted. Any one have any experiance or insight they can share?? :huh:

After searching I can't seem to find any recent info and I am still confused. I want to install a Vista Cruise but from what I see most posts say it won't work on my AE with factory heated grips. I just am confused as to exactly why it won't work and why it can't be adapted. Any one have any experiance or insight they can share?? :huh:
The Vista Cruise throttle lock requires additional space between the throttle cable housing and the grip. You would have to remove the factory heated grips and re-glue them in a different position, along with trimming some of the outer end off the grip rubber. That may not be possible or practical without ruining the heated grip.

I'm not sure whether or not it CAN be done, but I can sure see why someone would say NOT to do it.

The throttlemeister does work. Most people either love it or hate or it. I have one but find I don't use it even on long trips since doing the throttle spring unwind and the putting on grip puppies.

Part of the grip goes inside the throttle cable housing to accomodate the wiring for the heated grip, that is why the vista cruise won't work with the factory heated grips. I have the throttlemeister and it works well, installs in about 30 minutes.

I have Hot Grips brand grips with the Vista cruise. Are they that much different than the factories?

DSCN18741.jpg

I have Hot Grips brand grips with the Vista cruise. Are they that much different than the factories?
DSCN18741.jpg
Again looks different than the units I've seen installed and I think it's a combo of the factory grips and the AE bars and the difference is what I am try ing to determine. :huh: