Volt meter (re-)install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txvoyager

Reaction score
I originally installed my voltmeter and thermometer here:

Temp+and+Voltages+Meters.jpg

Of course, only us 2003 owners can do that. The problem is that the rider cannot see the meters well as the left handlebar nearly completely blocks them unless one leans way forward. After looking at lot's of possibilities, I decided to move them here:

WP_000949.jpg

I'm in the process of adding an N/Line dash and an Orange TPMS (and ADV Monster lights with dimmer, and 2 12v sockets, and... -- pics of those installs to follow), so decided that I might as well tear it apart once and do it all at the same time. The angle of the tupperware at that location is slightly downward, but the display is well-shaded and looks great! I'll add a pic when it's all put back together.

When I got my bike, the original owner had mounted a voltmeter on the brake reservoir, just glued it on. I found that distasteful, and looked for a different location. I put it at the top of the C panel:

Voltmeter1.jpg

It doesn't sit flush because I had to clear the windshield mechanism, but I used some black silicon sealant to make a "bezel" that it sits in, but it faces staright to my eyes, and is at the same level with the meter panel, just a bit to the right.

The display immediately next to the turn signal is a gear indicator that was on there when I bought the bike, but wasn't working. Since it was so ugly in addition to bein dead, I removed it.

So did you find a panel to replace your original cut-up one, or did you have to buy a new one?

Last edited by a moderator: