Vote for my Windscreen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my Cal-Sci on my '07 from the 1'st month . Still love the way it works for my 6' self. Just past 1/2 way up is good, No buff and can still see over it. Oh it's 2'' t2''w.

Sorry for not sticking within the boundries here BUT...

My opinion is the best balance for a quit ride and most stock looking shield is the Yamaha OEM Touring Shield. My Brother has this one on his 06 and it is really nice. Looks GREAT also!!!

WW

I have CAL SCI largest screen (w hole at base). This works great for 40 degree temp. It creates a large relatively still air pocket when raised all the way.

I am 6'4 w 34" inseam.

It makes the bike a little warm at temperatures above 65. It generally matches the shape of the OEM shield and so looks good on the bike. The guy who owns CAL SCI even offered to let me try it and send it back if it was too large. (I wouldn't ride at 40 deg with out now)

I do not have experiance with other screens,

OK so I am getting somewhere...I have it narrowed it down to the Cee Bailey's flip or CalSci +3.5. Which Cee Bailey's now is the question...+2+2 or +4+2. I am 6'1, 32 inch inseam, stock seat. Anyone have any pictures on the bike with the differences? You guys have been very helpful so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the looks of the National Cycle VStream windshield and have had a few dealers swear by them. But they were all short people. Anyone tall ever use the VStream and had good luck with it. I put on the OEM Touring windshield and it works good for blocking out the wind & noise when it is all the way up. Feels best for me at a little less than half way. My helmet is the ICON Domain 2 Mechanica that seems to work OK with noise. I've never had a helmet block out all of the wind noise.

VStream Video

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll chime in. I am 6'2" with a 32 inch inseam also. I have a Russel Day Long seat that moves me forward some but not much higher. I have a Cee Bailey +4 +4 Contour with flip. If I want to really quiet things down in the cockpit I raise the shield up all the way and then there is very little noise. I usually ride with the windscreen about half way up as this is a good compromise between noise and airflow on hot days.
I also have a +4 +3 with no flip and I am trying to sell it as it is not very quiet at any setting. It does have good protection but is a little too noisey for my taste. The screen with no flip looks closest to stock. The flip screen does not at all but does look ok.

Hope that helps some.
Hello, I would buy that windshield. Do you still have it?

6' 2" with 32" inseam and a CeeBailey 6+ 4+ 80% raised works great. I hate the way it looks but it saves me from freezing in winter. Stock one is back on for the summer - I sometimes go back to the touring shield for long highway trips in summner - takes less than 10 minutes to make the switch.

Thus, if you are going to get a touring screen, go with the V-Stream. Ultra quiet.
Absolutely hands down, this is the least of the non-stock looking screens. You guys must really like 'em... I see them being recommended all of the time. I could not get myself to put one of these on my bike.

If you want the closest thing to stock looking that you can have & offers some wind & weather protection, the Rifle is probably it. I myself like the Cee Bailey w/ flip. It doesn't look stock for sure but it does still look nice & does the job.