Vstream and Spacers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Yes I know it's NEPRT but here goes. I'm running the Vstream, which is pretty good,but gives a lot of buffeting.

I'm 6 ft.3" and I have the saddle in the high position. With the windshield at full extension, the airstream hits the top of

my helmet(Arai Viper);if I duck a couple of inches,the wind roar disappears,but I can't ride a long distance looking like

a complete dork.

So, what should I be looking for: a higher screen,spacers or tuning blocks? Please enlighten me.

Start with spacers, which cost nearly nothing and are easy to install/uninstall. In my opinion they improve every shield.

The spacers actually tilt the Vstream back a little bit, so if the problem is that the shield isn't high enough, I don't think that's the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the dimensions of these spacers?

Canadian FJR
A fellow Canadian asked that question a while back, which prompted me to go measure my spacers. Check THIS POST for more details. A word of caution for those too lazy to follow the link and read; if you get the spacer stack too thick is will cause the windshield arms to score your plastic. :angry2: