Vstream Sport screen on GenIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMW

Reaction score
Is anyone using the National Cycle Vstream Sport screen on a genIII? It's their smallest one.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/national-cycle-vstream-sport-windscreen-yamaha-fjr1300-2013-2016

I've done a ton of searching, but all I've found so far is people using the taller sport touring screen.

I'm pretty happy for the most part with the stock screen size. Full down I get air over most of my torso, and full up I can still look over the top and not get buffeted bad. My only issue really is in rain, where I find myself hunching just a little. The Vstream Sport is just a tad taller than the stock. I think an inch in the low position. I'm hoping that little bit will help in the rain.

Also, I really like the look of the dark tint, and the shape of the Vstream Sport.

Anyway, I just thought I'd see if anyone is using this specific one on a GenIII. If I missed something in my searching, sorry!

I, too, am happy with the height of the stocker since I'm 5'7". I wouldn't mind a little cleaner air flow however - wondering if the V-Stream mentioned above would be an improvement in that regards.

I just put one on my '13 a couple months ago. It's not any longer than the stock one, but with the different shape, it seems a little bit higher in my vision. Definitely a lot smoother air flow around my helmet, slightly smoother around my torso. Passengers have reported no real difference that they've noticed. Like many others, I'm slightly annoyed by the etched in "V" logo on the front, but that's just asthetics. The only thing I'd suggest is to double and triple check that everything is straight and buttoned down well when you install. The outer plate on the right side of mine didn't seat all the way down and there was a lot of shimmy at the top of the screen when I did my test ride.

Thank you! That's just the kind of info I was looking for.

I've heard that about the logo before. I had an idea to tape it off really well around the logo and use that tail light lens paint to darken it so it's not so noticeable. Maybe?

If you make the leap, bring it to Tech Day KMW. They'll be some folks there who will be sure to check it out. Me included.

I'm using the VStream Sport Touring, stock height was just too short for me and air flow I like.

--G

I will try and do that. Might be a few weeks before I can free up the $170, but I think I'm pretty much settled on it.

Another caveat: It only comes in the dark smoke. Not so dark I can't see through it in with the screen up, even at night (although a slightly tinted visor does challenge me a bit). Luckily, I only put it up in the rain and that doesn't happen very often down here :D . The dark also really highlights bug and other muck that strikes it from the road. Given that polycarbonate shields like this are prone to scratching, make sure you use really gentle cleaning products. Nothing even slightly abrasive or harsh. Scratches will also show extremely well with the dark smoke.

From having owned over 5 shields on my 2 FJR's, if your only gripe is having to hunch a little in the rain, I'd stay with the stock screen. Overall I like the stock screen best except in cold weather.