Vstream vs OEM screen.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTP07

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered a bajillion times over the years, but for anyone considering the Vstream over the OEM screen, here's the difference:

IMG_1149.jpg

I went on a couple of short rides with it today and it certainly blocks a lot of air. I'm 5'8" and in the full down position, the wind hits me directly in the face. Like RIGHT in the open visor face. Zero wind on my chest.

In the full up position, I'm in my car. Zero wind at all. Very quiet, very calm, no wind on the front of me at all. Some slight backpressure wind, but not enough to be annoying.

If anyone is interested I will post some pics with me in the saddle and both screens on so you can see them in the up and down positions.

YMMV. If you are 7'9" you are probably gonna have a different experience than me. And I hate you.

Happy Canadian Turkey Weekend.

Go Jays.

Yup, I've got one on the list for winter project stuff. I've had a talk with a couple old timers that recommend them, even after trying other brands.

I've only had the bike for about 2 months and when the windshield is all the way up, you can certainly feel the heat of the engine. Do you think the vstream makes it as hot in the down and the stocker in the up at over 50 mph??

Inquiring minds gotta know

Da Wolf

I have both of those screens and they serve different purposes. In the summer, the OEM is just fine. The careen works for me in both the up position if I want more protection. And the down position is good for air flow. And anywhere in between.

The VStream goes on in the winter/late fall for max protection. All the way up can protec me from a very cold rain or breeze. All the way down is similar to riding with the OEM all the way up. This trip to Hooterville will likely be the last of the year for the stock screen. SFO in a few weeks will include the big screen. The only thing I do not like about the VStream is the line at the top when trying to concentrate on tight curves.

I am 5-10 and the line hits me just wrong visually

Good luck trying them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like Cav47. V Stream for cold weather along with V Strom hand guards. Warm weather the stock screen and no hand guards for me. Staying cool in hot weather is important for me. My bike is my commuter for work year round here unless ice or snow is in the forcast.