Wake Up Call

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about getting a bollocking from the nurse because the bedding has stuck to your skinned arms and it all now has to be cleaned

'it was late' said I

'we are open all fucking night' said she (well she didnt actually swear but I am sure she meant to)

Last edited by a moderator:
The most fun part is when the nurse looks you in the eye, tells you to hold on to something tight, and informs you that her taking a brush to you wounds might " sting " a little.
My last get-off was in 1977 and it wasn't the nurse, but my first wife who administered the brush every afternoon. Man, but that hurts like a muther-fukker!!! I recall wetting a wash cloth, rolling it up and biting down on that while she scrubbed. I figure that the polyester slacks I was wearing home from work probably held up for the first 6 to 10 inches of that slide before it was bare ass on ass-phalt.

And THAT's the reason that pretty much the worst I ever wear is an armored mesh jacket with a pair of Draggin' Jeans with kevlar in the butt and knees (plus full face, gloves and boots), but I prefer my leather or perforated leather 2 pieces unless it's too hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
And THAT's the reason that pretty much the worst I ever wear is an armored mesh jacket with a pair of Draggin' Jeans with kevlar in the butt and knees (plus full face, gloves and boots), but I prefer my leather or perforated leather 2 pieces unless it's too hot.
And, IMHO, it's never too hot for mesh Kevlar! Especially on the legs of an FJR rider.

1977 and it wasn't the nurse, but my first wife who administered the brush every afternoon. Man, but that hurts like a muther-fukker!!!
BTDT, 1983, burned around the circumference of my neck in a "control" burn. The only thing that hints of control is the fact that the fire dept. starts the fire. Second degree most of the way, and ten daily scrubdowns in a row. That was an exercise in reality!

My buddy was almost killed in the same way as your friend. Coming home from work some old guy comes out from a parking lot making a left turn. My buddy t-boned him. I was behind him by only a couple of minutes and came up on the accident scene. I can tell you it shook me up pretty bad. I didn't know it was him at first but recognized his bike and I went cold all over. He was face down in the street with a couple of people kneeling next to him. There was a his large growing pool of blood coming out of his helmet and I thought he was gone. Then I saw his foot move and I almost cried. That's one tough mother F-er. His grocery list of injuries were, punctured lung, ruptured spleen, broken wrist, broken ulna, knocked out almost all his teeth, shattered most of the bone in his face, oh yeah and broke his jaw. He had a full face helmet but when his bike hit the car he went face first into the car. The helmets face isn't padded and his jaw and teeth impacted there. The padding at the forehead area didn't do a thing and his face impacted the helmet around the opening for the eyes breaking his face like an egg shell. The handle bars twisted and acted like a dull spear into his chest. He was laid up for several months in plaster and tubes.

The old guy said he never saw my friend coming. (They never see us, do they) The police report showed that there was a very short skid mark from the bike but my buddy was going about 35 mpg. All that from 35 mph.

After that I armored up like a fricken Abrams tank. I've relaxed a little since then but I wear a spine protector along with my normal gear all the same.

A word to the wise, If you're in a head on and have the clarity of mind before you hit, turn your head.