Want to go WAYYYYYY Back (risers)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoquest

Reaction score
Is there anything that would push bars back further than a helibar triple clamp and gen Mar risers? I'm 6'2 with a 29 inseam so I feel like I am leaning forward a lot and want to sit in a Standard riding position. I have been searching but it seems like for an 07 FJR these are the only two options I have found so far.

Thanks!

Some folks have stacked the risers for Gen-I bikes, but I don't think there's anything like that for the Gen-IIs, since the bars are different.

Google "master yoda riding position" for some posture tips to relieve aches from reaching forward "the wrong way."

Want to go WAYYYYYY Back (risers)...and want to sit in a Standard riding position. Thanks!
Get yourself some riser posts and mount Flanders 6-bend, 'deep tiller', pullbacks -- and ride like a Gentleman. :rolleyes:

six_bends_zoomimage-01-01.jpg

You're welcome.

Is there anything that would push bars back further than a helibar triple clamp and gen Mar risers? I'm 6'2 with a 29 inseam so I feel like I am leaning forward a lot and want to sit in a Standard riding position. I have been searching but it seems like for an 07 FJR these are the only two options I have found so far.
Thanks!
Most can adapt to the ST type bikes if they really want to, keep ridding it and get your weight off your hands and use your stomach muscles.

If you cant' do that, I suggest choosing a bike that fits your style. There is the new Honda 700 some thing, that looks like an upright seating position and it has tube style bars that will probably allow some ATV bars to be put on there. It could have the chopper style bar look or maybe some mild ape hangers....

So I guess there aren't any additional vendors out there for a Gen II bike. I don't own the bike yet but had planned on picking it up tomorrow.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how comfortable the bike is with just a single set of bar risers.

On a 2nd gen you can also put the seat in the lower position, which effectively raises the bars some at the expense of having your legs more cramped, but you seem to be a bit inseam impaired, so maybe that would work to help you reach the ground too.

After putting a Russell seat on my 1st gen, which raised my butt up an inch or so above stock I tried stacking bar risers, but it left me with too much of a "disconnected" feeling.

I now have just one set of Heli risers on it and there is barely any forward lean at all. I am almost the same size as you (6'2", 32" inseam).