• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - Left Side Case for Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D
Reaction score
I just rolled my bike back into a fence post and cracked the rear mounting 'hook' on my left side case. :dribble:

I'm looking into the possibility of repair but I don't think I'd trust it.

Does anyone have a Gen II left side case sitting on the shelf? If the cover's are changeable, I don't care what year/colour or if the cover is damaged as my cover is fine. Otherwise, I need it in '07/Black Cherry.

I've got an 05' with a scratched cover that I'd like rid of. All indications are that they are interchangeable between generations, as has been talked about somewhere on here before. Maybe somebody will confirm? Anyway, case is in good shape and cover is scratched. See pics in the link in this post...LINKY

According to the Yamaha online parts fiche:

The 05 (Blue) left saddlebag has part # 5JW-W073-OL-35

The 07 (Cherry) left saddlebag has part # 5JW-W073-OL-71

The 07 AE (Silver) left saddlebag has part # 5JW-W073-OL-36

They LOOK the same. Could it be that the difference in the last two numbers indicates the colour (blue vs black cherry vs silver??)

I noticed that the fiche also lists just the saddlebag "bottom", which (methinks) is the part of the bag that is attached to the bike.

5JW-W0341-0L-00 for the 07,

5JW-W9341-0L-00 for the 05.

Which tells me that they AREN'T the same.

None of which helps you, but maybe the extra info is useful? :unsure:

Griff

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looking!
Hi,

My misfortune appears to be your good fortune. I had (note the past tense) a 2007 FJR until 3 weeks ago when we were rammed by a cager doing an illegal U-turn. Wife suffered serious injuries including a broken collar bone, broken pelvis and tib-fib fracture of the right leg that is now held together by considerable iron work and screws. She won't walk for another 6 months. I 'got away' with a broken shoulder. Anyway, FJR sustained damage mainly to front right side. 'Bike was totalled. Left saddle bag is in excellent condition barring a couple of very minor scuff marks low down slightly above and forward of the front hing. I will try and take photos that show the marks but they are so small, and the color is perfect, they may not show up.

Let me know if you are interested.

Would you want the lock and key or would you swap the lock?

Regards, and ride safe.

Fred

Sorry to hear about your accident hope everything goes well for you and your wife. Was wondering if your interested in getting rid of an extra lock either off of your other side luggage bag or if you have an extra one. Just bought a top box for my 06 and don't have a lock for it. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know.

Still looking!
Hi,

My misfortune appears to be your good fortune. I had (note the past tense) a 2007 FJR until 3 weeks ago when we were rammed by a cager doing an illegal U-turn. Wife suffered serious injuries including a broken collar bone, broken pelvis and tib-fib fracture of the right leg that is now held together by considerable iron work and screws. She won't walk for another 6 months. I 'got away' with a broken shoulder. Anyway, FJR sustained damage mainly to front right side. 'Bike was totalled. Left saddle bag is in excellent condition barring a couple of very minor scuff marks low down slightly above and forward of the front hing. I will try and take photos that show the marks but they are so small, and the color is perfect, they may not show up.

Let me know if you are interested.

Would you want the lock and key or would you swap the lock?

Regards, and ride safe.

Fred

Wow two morons!! In the same place, at the same time... What're the odds?

Just kidding guys ;) I wonder what the difference is 'tween years..

:jester:

Sorry for no update for those that were anxious to hear.

Lots of Holidays and riding kept me away from the mix and 'FredBramble' seems to have disappeared in the interim (at least he is not responding to my email messages.) So far, although I believe we came to an understanding in principle, we have not finalized the deal... yet.

If anyone else has a left GenII side case available, please let me know. If 'FredBramble' doesn't come through, and I cannot find another, looks like I'll have to buy a new one! Ouch!!!

Sorry to hear about your accident hope everything goes well for you and your wife. Was wondering if your interested in getting rid of an extra lock either off of your other side luggage bag or if you have an extra one. Just bought a top box for my 06 and don't have a lock for it. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know.
Did you get a response from 'FredBramble'? He did ask if I needed the lock and I don't. Otherwise, if I end up getting another bag with a lock, I'll look you up.

I just may have a left side case in near perfect condition from an 04...Really don't want to split up the pair. If I could find someone looking for a right case we could deal.