• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted rear wheel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they get changed in '05? I thought they are the same from '04 on.
I don't know. I figured 05 or 06 would be in better shape. :D
Borrec

I have a 2005 (ABS) rear wheel with 3,500 miles on it but I live in Europe and I'm afraid the cost of shipping it will be a deal-killer :dribble:

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they get changed in '05? I thought they are the same from '04 on.
I don't know. I figured 05 or 06 would be in better shape. :D
Borrec

I have a 2005 (ABS) rear wheel with 3,500 miles on it but I live in Europe and I'm afraid the cost of shipping it will be a deal-killer :dribble:

Stef
Can you get me a quote? The worst that can happen is I say no thanks.

:)
PM on its way to you....

Stef

Why do you need the wheel? Break the original? Bend it? If bent, it can be straightened for about $100, and refinished in powder coat for $50. That sure beats $400 for a factory piece. I bent both front and rear wheels this summer (following to close to a pickup in Idaho - the rock in the road was a huge surprise!) and had them fixed and refinished. There are some things about this process that would be helpful to know, which I will share if you're interested.

Why do you need the wheel? Break the original? Bend it? If bent, it can be straightened for about $100, and refinished in powder coat for $50. That sure beats $400 for a factory piece. I bent both front and rear wheels this summer (following to close to a pickup in Idaho - the rock in the road was a huge surprise!) and had them fixed and refinished. There are some things about this process that would be helpful to know, which I will share if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer, but my wheels are fine. I like to have a spare set with new tires ready to go. As you said new ones are too high so I pick up a set of used. :)

I no longer require a rear wheel. Thanks to everyone that replied. Admins please delete this topic.

:D

We don't delete topics unless there is a really good reason to do so. Eventually, people will stop posting and it will drop out of sight.

Before someone else asks - so where did you get the wheel?

We don't delete topics unless there is a really good reason to do so. Eventually, people will stop posting and it will drop out of sight.
I.E. me....still looking for a front wheel here. :rolleyes:

Teerex51 has one he is sending me.

Odot, I just got a 06 front rim on Ebay for $50 last week. I got all the other parts from University Motors for $200. The rotors were $75 each. I will keep an eye out for another. :)

Pretty sure I just need the rim as the other hanging-ons look to be in good shape.

Hi Big Sky

Can you please share your experience with getting your rims straightened. I need to get my back one done because I hit a loose piece of concrete in mid corner. :sadsmiley: I got the front wheel past it but clipped the back wheel. I am trying to find a place that can fix it for me. Up here in northern Ontario, its hard to find a place that does this kind of work. Quotes from dealers range from $544 to $700 (canadian) for a new wheel.

Any info would be great. Any suggestions from anyone else would be great also.

Dave

06 FJR