Wanting 06 mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
As a waiter, I would like to go ahead and get a few items (mostly protection) such as radiator guard, fender extenders, sliders, seat backrest, etc. Is anyone aware of a site that has 06 accesories that they are sure will fit(besides yamaha)? I am cautious to purchase prior to anyone having had their hands on a bike to check fit, since the fairing has been redesigned, new seat, curved radiator, you know the rest. I am generally impulsive on my purchases, but the 06 is teaching me patience I did go ahead and get new boots and jacket from Leatherup.com, great deal. the stuff arrived yesterday.

Since nobody (except Yamaha) has an '06--it's kind of hard for people to build aftermarket parts for it. Most of the speculation on here are from a few folks that have sat on the bikes at special shows and careful analysis of photos.

I think you're going to have to test your patience further until the bike actually starts to be delivered.

Meanwhile, I suggest FJRTech.com for known farkles. Much there likely will carry over to the '06's.

Since nobody (except Yamaha) has an '06--it's kind of hard for people to build aftermarket parts for it. Most of the speculation on here are from a few folks that have sat on the bikes at special shows and careful analysis of photos.
I think you're going to have to test your patience further until the bike actually starts to be delivered.

Meanwhile, I suggest FJRTech.com for known farkles. Much there likely will carry over to the '06's.
+1

None of the body parts or the seat are the same, so fenda extenda, seats, backrest, radiator guard are probably going to be different.

Gee, you get to be a waiter all over again X 10! :D

Which boots did you get? How do they fit?
I picked up the High intensitySports Rider with Kevlar in a size 12. It fits pretty good considering I have a EE to EEE foot normally in 11.5. I would not want to go on a mountain hike, but thats not what they are made for anyway. I went to the local BMW dealer with my wingman and he paid $150 for a pair and I could not squeeze my foot in (don't remember the brand though). We put them side by side almost identical and mine were only $55.

One more question. As far as I can tell, the drive-train has not changed. Is this accurate? I may pick up an oil filter or two for that break-in run home and a power commander.

Of course many waiters are probably dreaming of a new exhaust system. Here's one that is guaranteed to increase back pressure (and torque) 100% O-Pipe comes in a variety of finishes. May not qualify for the Moss-Magnusen act though.

As an ass-ide, my personal fave on this site, you may want to consider the automatic Tampon dispensor gizmo for your pillion. Less agravating stops when wanting to crunch those big miles.

Now for increasing horsepower, why mess with the ECM when for a mere $69.00 one can increase horsepower by 35 percent by installing a Turbonator!

Hey I already got a shopping list a mile long for the new 'Wing. Might add a few farkles from Kalecoauto. A vast treasuretrove. Why, they're even bigger than J.C. Whitney! :D

The only part of the drivetrain known to have changed would be the longer swingarm. The shaft will be longer. The "maintenance hard parts and expendables (filters) should be the same, though it is unknown if they changed the airbox because of the seat modifications.

I know how you feel. I am anxious to get some stuff too but the bike parts are an unknown right now. So I've concentrated on a new helmet, and coat and gloves. Looking at GPS but too much money. Looking at boots etc. to pass the time.

Not much else you can do.

One more question. As far as I can tell, the drive-train has not changed. Is this accurate? I may pick up an oil filter or two for that break-in run home and a power commander.
The internal ratios have changed