Warchild, dougc, Ignacio, SkooterG......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my copy in the mail today and watched it already. Great production quality and a ton of information!!

I suggest anyone interested in long distance riding pick up a copy.

Definatley something I want to do. Maybe 2011.....

Got my copy in the mail today and watched it already. Great production quality and a ton of information!!
I suggest anyone interested in long distance riding pick up a copy.

Definatley something I want to do. Maybe 2011.....
I watched mine last night. Seems I've got about 15 seconds of glory.....demonstrating the planned purchase of a beer the night before and storing it all night for a frosty one at 7 a.m. after I got to the finish line. Many, I was loopy....I didn't even remember this until I saw it in the video!

I think my favorite part was Kneebone's interview of the history of the IBR. I had no clue what it was like 1984 and the fortunate things that happened to make it evolve into the life-changing thing it is!

Fortunate to attend the Premier Showing at Dean Tanji's company. A great experience and a good chance to meet a lot of veterans from previous IBRs. Dean and his company team did a great job of compiling a very informative and enertaining feature.The history of the IBA and Rallies presented my Mike Kneebone was very informative and brought out a lot of historical facts about the evolution of the Rally. A lot of new information for many of the attendees.

Dean thanks so much for a great production and all you have provide to the LD riders.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my copy on Friday. I'm so thankful Dean put together this excellent film to document some of the IBR history. It was very informative and entertaining. The interview with Mike alone was worth the price.

Now all we need is the book version.

Got my Hard Miles DVD last week and was excited to watch, but waited.

On Saturday night I had my whole extended Oregon family over for burgers and a family premier and...the darned DVD would not play. Not in three different players or two different 'puters. Blank, zilch, nada.

Dean's sending me a new one today.

Sheesh...watched other movies instead.

dougc

Movie is awesome. Thoroughly enjoyed it as well as the bonus segments.

Watched it with Kathy and she took a huge fondness to it -that really surprised me as she's not much into biking, but this movie got her attention.

Lots of FJR pilots in it and some great footage of Warchild doing his IBR gig.

Cheers to all involved --a job well done

And others from the forum that are in it include BIODSL, Iron Maiden, and Big Chief Stinky Pants......and ssfd110.
I do like to fly under the radar! My strategy is working! :assassin:
So... who are you again.....? :huh:

And who's that chick wearing the hoodie in your avatar...? ;)
Don't know :unsure:

Laura took the shot, she didn't take notes <_<

I was obsessing on getting to New Orleans by dark :wacko:

Just watched my copy...great stuff! I really enjoyed the Kneebone interview....that dude really knows his Iron Butt Rally history!

Youse guys are KILLING me! I'm dying here waiting for my copy to arrive so I can watch this damn thing.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Youse guys are KILLING me! I'm dying here waiting for my copy to arrive so I can watch this damn thing.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

They sent out emails...they are out of DVD's, but they expect more to come in by Jan 15th...so patience my good man...

...just chittin' ya! <_<

I ordered mine on Dec 3rd, and it got to me on Dec 8th, VERY FAST turnaround. Shouldnt be long before you are getting yours.

Not under everyone`s radar!

Not under everyone`s radar, Dick! :ph34r:

OOPPSSS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard Miles is a great flick.

Go &*^$ yourself DP, you are on every bodies radar, you rally winning dude.

Skoot has a touch of face time but a LOT of voice-over time. Insano's, wacko's, basically Skoot is phonetically challenged but rides a great ride and lands in 7th.

Ignacio has a stellar bit as well.

And of course, Warchild on the megaphone. "Pansy-ass babies: ONE MINUTE!"

Lots and LOTS of great tips and insights into winning or doing well in the IBR or any rally for that matter.

Highly recommended for great fun and thrills.

GZ

Great Video. It's no secret that some riders obtained outside help with route planning and such. Mike mentioned that the folks running the 2009 rally will take measures to insure the same things do not happen again. Any thoughts on how this can be done?

Canadian FJR