Warm and Safe wireless heat trollers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2006FJR

Administrator of Transportation
Reaction score
I rode up the California coast Thursday morning and I road back Friday night. On the way up I lost power with my wireless troller and only hours after installing a new battery. Thank God I also brought a wired troller just in case. Once I got the wired unit plugged in I was able to make the ride in total comfort. I am not sure how many of you own the wireless troller but this is a suggestion to bring an extra battery or bring a wired troller if you plan on riding in the cold. Their gear is top notch and Mike at Warm and Safe is offering to send me a new wireless unit in the event there is a problem with my unit. Great customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a full season out of a single battery, and the CR2032 are available just about everywhere. Also please note the wireless HT has a "safety" feature, whereby if the battery in the HT is dead the jacket automatically runs at 1/3 power so you won't freeze.

I got a full season out of a single battery, and the CR2032 are available just about everywhere. Also please note the wireless HT has a "safety" feature, whereby if the battery in the HT is dead the jacket automatically runs at 1/3 power so you won't freeze.
Yes I was at 1/3rd power and it really helped but I needed more. The new battery I put in only worked for a few hours and the old battery had worked for a full season? Either way I am glad I found a long term solution with Mikes help.

i find with mine that every time i unplug it i have to turn the troller off and on again and it works fine........

R

I wonder if your replacement battery was bad. Like JamesK I get a full season out of the battery in my controller. But I also carry a spare battery and a second wireless controller.

i find with mine that every time i unplug it i have to turn the troller off and on again and it works fine........

R
Good to know Richard. I never thought of that as an option. Mike from Warm and Saf and I are going to the Long Beach Motorcycle show together so I will talk to him about this. He is not only going to send me a spare to use for parts but told me he is going to let me try a new battery operated one when it comes out soon. They are really a great company.

I wonder if your replacement battery was bad. Like JamesK I get a full season out of the battery in my controller. But I also carry a spare battery and a second wireless controller.
That is what Mike was thinking too. It might have been sitting in the box so long before I bought it that it was the problem. I would really like to gte this thing working soon.

I have a relatively new wireless dual controller, and it works great. It did "fail" me once, but all bluetooth devices aren't flawless. I simply turned both knobs off and waited a bit, and turned them on to reset. I now shut both off before I power down (when I remember).

I have a relatively new wireless dual controller, and it works great. It did "fail" me once, but all bluetooth devices aren't flawless. I simply turned both knobs off and waited a bit, and turned them on to reset. I now shut both off before I power down (when I remember).
Mike mentioned that high levels (very high levels) of static can cause the unit to not work properly? They are not sure why yet but in their tests it has presented an issue. Not sure if that was the reason yours did not work but I thought I would share.

My Troller was in the drawer the past few weeks and when I went to use it today it was dead. I'm absolutely certain that it was off during that time. I've replaced the battery and I'll be giving it another chance. :unsure: I had only about 10 hours on the battery.

My Troller was in the drawer the past few weeks and when I went to use it today it was dead. I'm absolutely certain that it was off during that time. I've replaced the battery and I'll be giving it another chance. :unsure: I had only about 10 hours on the battery.
Give Mike a call and he will help you. Did the first battery last a long time?

Give Mike a call and he will help you. Did the first battery last a long time?
I received the item around the 1st of August and used it on the road at the end of September. I've put a new battery in it and will see if it lasts. I hope it's not a bad switch or some other internal power drain.