Warm Gloves??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Jeff

Reaction score
for warm gloves that aren't thick like mittens???

I'm looking for for a good quality pair of gloves that can handle a 30 degree day of riding.

Any links are appresciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I bought some First Gear leather gloves w/thinsulate and goretex lining. Sorry, but I don't know the "model #." I bought them because they were thinner than most of the other winter gloves I saw. I have riddin with them down to about 20 degrees - it sucks! They're good by themselves probably around the mid-30s or so - of course your speed makes a big difference. I'm thinking about this in the case of riding at 80mph down (or up) route 95. At backroad speeds they're good a lower temps. I did spend the $30 on Dual Star grip warmers and they make a world of difference! Good luck with your choice.

I'm looking for for a good quality pair of gloves that can handle a 30 degree day of riding.
See the "special for libs..demos" topic -- they've taken the gloves off!Seriously, I agree with JimLor on the subject of Gore-Tex. My hands sweat when insulated too much and the ones that breathe are much better for me -- and don't need to be as thick either.

Good luck.

Jeff, I bought some First Gear leather gloves w/thinsulate and goretex lining. Sorry, but I don't know the "model #." I bought them because they were thinner than most of the other winter gloves I saw. I have riddin with them down to about 20 degrees - it sucks! They're good by themselves probably around the mid-30s or so - of course your speed makes a big difference. I'm thinking about this in the case of riding at 80mph down (or up) route 95. At backroad speeds they're good a lower temps. I did spend the $30 on Dual Star grip warmers and they make a world of difference! Good luck with your choice.
JimLor:

Are those the ones with the squeegee in the left index finger? If so, they ARE awesome gloves! Thin, warm, waterproof.

Put under-grip heaters in (about $30 from AeroStitch) and you can go lots colder without heavy gloves.

Then there are Gerbing heated gloves. Thin, warm, but not Goretex (maybe now, but my pair doesn't have them).

Yanktar - yup, sure are! Even though they are pretty thin with all that's packed in, I found they still took a few rides to get used to. I did install the Dual Stars and they do add a great deal to cold weather riding comfort. Probably let me ride in relative comfort down to about 25 degrees. After that it's suck it up, think about sex, and get where you're going as soon as possible.

g11644.jpg

or maybe..

g11645.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
friends gave me a gift card at a H-D shop here in Houston so I went looking for something I could buy from a Harley store.

A tattoo was out, so, I settled for the best pair of cold weather riding gloves I have ever had.

Now mind you, I am a pansy when it comes to cold hands but I have ridden with these gloves when it was in the low 30's and for the entire 26 mile trip to work I was smiling and thinking " damn, warm hands are GOOD".

My hands get cold very easily and I don't endorse glove without them working well.

go to www.riverroadgear.com and look for their Taos Cold weather gloves.

Waterproof, windproof, comfortable and warm.

here is a direct link Clinky here

:eek:fftopic:

I have a pair of gloves with knuckle protectors and all that.

I have not wiped out and went flying off a street bike lately,

but wouldn't your hands instinctively be out in front of you, palms down.

Does anyone remember crashing and what their hands did ?

Are there gloves that protect the palm or underside more ? Is there such an animal ?

Sorry about the hijack.

Tower to Squadron Leader, Come in Squadron Leader....
Squadron leader, do you really wear gloves like this?
They go really good with blue bikes & KY :D

I have not wiped out and went flying off a street bike lately, but wouldn't your hands instinctively be out in front of you, palms down.
I wouldn't advise sticking anything out that you don't want dislocated or torn off.

Not me! Those are too gay! I simply asked if they'd tried them.

I suspect they'd go well with these leathers! It's interesting how the free market will respond when the demand for gay-assed shit is high enough.

kittyjacket_blue.jpg

g15823.jpg

Kittymainframehelmet1.jpg

Not me! Those are too gay! I simply asked if they'd tried them.

I suspect they'd go well with these leathers! It's interesting how the free market will respond when the demand for gay-assed shit is high enough.

kittyjacket_blue.jpg

g15823.jpg

Kittymainframehelmet1.jpg
Now stop your gay bashing.........If everyone was more in touch with the feminine side, the world would be a much better place...Smell better too!

You sound like your from the South........Here in Texas, you know someone's a redneck if:

They think the last line to the Star Spangled Banner is:

"Gentlemen, start your engines...."

Both myself & riding buddy bought a pair of Olympic gloves & like them a lot. Sorry I don't have a link.
Ditto. Gauntlet thinsulate style, paid about $60 for them at Midwest Cycle in Minneapolis. Cannot find info online for them.

Hey. I happened to like that blue/white helmet. :D

So maybe the leathers are too Elvis for my taste, but they look girlie enough.

I wear these ICON PATROL gloves in all black. Very similiar to what Bounce has pictured above but not so blingy looking. They are warm enough down to about 30 degrees F but not as warm as the ski gloves I used to wear. Now I just added the hand guard farkle and I expect these gloves will be plenty warm behind the hand guards. They are supposed to be waterproof but do get soaked through in prolonged rains. Again, the hand guards should solve that problem.
PATGLV_BLK_310x310.jpg

Whatever flavor of gloves you choose, I can highly recommend that you buy some liners. They come in silk and acrylic and really help !!

And that gay Icon gear? It IS for the girls, notice the breastages under the logo?

Of course ther's always Austin and San Francisco !!! :D

Bobby