Warning Label Removal suggestions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
Tried using a hair dryer to remove the label on the tank of my new 08 but its not hot enough to heat the adhesive. Any other suggestions? thanks

I used a 750 degree heat gun I got at ACE Hardware. They're not expensive. Then use a little WD40 on a soft cloth to get the rest of the sticky off.

I used a 750 degree heat gun I got at ACE Hardware. They're not expensive. Then use a little WD40 on a soft cloth to get the rest of the sticky off.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply, however I have no use for a heat gun, and do not wish to buy one that I will never use again. Are there any other ways to do this?

"Goo Off"or vegetable oil will also work to dissolve the glue. You can use your thumb nail to lift the edges of the label. Using the hair dryer to warm the area first will aid your effort.

I used a blow dryer to remove mine. It did take a while to heat the label enough to melt the glue but eventually it came right off. Used WD-40 to get rid of glue residue.

I just used my thumb nail to get a corner started and using my thumb I kept rubbing on it and it rolled right off.

Mac

"Goo Off"or vegetable oil will also work to dissolve the glue. You can use your thumb nail to lift the edges of the label. Using the hair dryer to warm the area first will aid your effort.
This is exactly what I did to remove the sticker and had no problems (even though the sticker had been on there for over 2 years by the time I bought the used '05). The only thing I might add is to remember to be very patient and take your time.

I used my thumbnail, but you could replace the tank, instead. The new part doesn't seem to come with the sticker affixed.

I used my thumbnail and 3M's Adhesive Remover. Stuff works great. Wish I would have heard about the hair dryer trick before hand, however.

Good old fashion 87 octane works every time with a lot less effort, especially for those with little patience.

Tried goo gone, goof off, heat guns, wd 40, credit cards, thumbnails, and they will all work if given enough time and patience. I

keep ending up with pure gasoline.

And if you are worried about ruining your paint, you won't if you wash it afterwards, you will spill gas on it eventially anyway where there is no sticker.