Waterproof Duffle Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Anybody got good recommendations for waterproof dufflebag? I have an old REI textile bag that is getting pretty old. I use your typical cylindrical duffle bag to span the two side cases over the seat. I am looking for waterproof as to not worry about the rains I may run into.

Thanks Mates!

Scott

Picked up a medium black Ortlieb on sale from South Sound a couple years ago. Nice bag, excellent construction and holds a ton of stuff. This bag, in combination with a Givi V46 would allow me to live off the bike forever, or at least until the $$$ runs out... :lol:

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Twisted Throttle Dry Spec D38 https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/7026/181/

Got a lot of soaking earlier this year, never leaked a drop!

These pics were taken when it was new. I now mount it 'side to side' instead of 'front to back'.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Al.

The Dry Pak duffel is widely available and costs about $40 in size Large which is 24 x 12 on the base and 15" high. It fits across the back seat perfectly and is very very waterproof. I've used one on a couple cross country trips and had great results and durability. I tie it down with a couple Rok Straps.

ReturnTrip278.jpg

Anybody got good recommendations for waterproof dufflebag? I have an old REI textile bag that is getting pretty old. I use your typical cylindrical duffle bag to span the two side cases over the seat. I am looking for waterproof as to not worry about the rains I may run into.

Thanks Mates!

Scott
I've also used the Ortlieb in all 3 sizes and never had one leak; good choice for a side loader, IMHO. Also used the Seal Line end loader and had the same success with it. Both available at Aerostitch:

https://www.aerostich.com/bags/more-packing-options/stuffsacs-and-duffels/ortlieb-dry-bag-duffel-bags.html

https://www.aerostich.com/bags/more-packing-options/stuffsacs-and-duffels/sealline-dry-bag.html

Wolfman.Small Expedition Dry Duffel holds a bunch. Comes with two straps that I run under the rear seat front to back to tie the bag to the seat. Has side straps that run can be run over givi trunk mount bracket to hold bag from side to side movement. If your arms are long

enough it also serves as a back rest. It saw lots of rain recently and no leaks were noticed. Link

I use a Seattle Sports 2500 that's going on 5 years and still watertight. The come in larger sizes too.

I like the ammo loops on this one. I'd stuff them full of 12 gauge for full effect.

2.jpg

Another happy Ortleib user. I've had mine for about a decade -- little longer, I think. It's been through everything but a blizzard. It absolutely does not leak.

geocenter2.jpg

Same as Kamal, I use the D-38 Dry spec bag, has the tie downs, and is waterproof, a bit pricey, but you get what you pay for and you can also buy the additional bag that attaches to the top for even more room. :good:

Why bother spending the big bucks on waterproof? I just use a heavy duty contractor plastic trash bag inside the duffle bag and everything inside is dry.