Waterproof liner for mesh pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TWILKIN650

Reaction score
I have a set of Joe Rocket mesh pants that doesn't have a wind proof / waterproof liner. Does anyone have a source for a separate liner (like is offered for their jackets) that could be worn in a pinch should a rain storm come up or to extend the temperature range on a cool day? I suppose the bottoms from a rain suit could be used, but they are generally pretty bulky to go over the pants rather than underneath.

The el cheapo rainpants with the elastic waist aren't bulky at all. Look for the cheapest ones at Walmart and go a size smaller than normal.

Frogg Toggs aren't bulky at all to wear and they pack pretty small (top and bottom can squeeze into a 1 gallon ziploc bag)

Cycleport makes Gore-Tex liners that would probably work well. I use them in my mesh, but they zip in for mine, as they're Cycleport mesh.

Actually, both of those products are news to me. The uninsulated pant liner is what I have the older version of in my mesh kevlar. Apparently this is the new & improved model of my liners (which must have that confounded polyurethane in them to help it not breathe.

I tend to believe their claims so far about the layering system. I have some fleece to wear underneath and have been comfortable in all temps encountered as yet.

However, their insulation garments leave much to be desired, IMO. Not only are they inefficient compared to poly fleece, but they would look gay once you arrive and have to wear them around after the outer armor comes off. On the other hand, North Face fleece is rather fashionable. :) Remember, luggage space is somewhat at a premium when sport touring and you can't wear all the gear all the time. ;)

I would call their toll-free number and ask for Wayne Boyer. He's usually available and willing to answer any questions you may have. But be careful, you may end up spending much more than you planned. :dribble:

This--
careline-7.jpg

Plus this--
odor_cleanse_150.jpg

So much for the liquid side of things. On to the Wind issue.

beano.jpg

Will ease future ride anxiety. We understand, and we care. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my rain protection at cyclegear, and slip them over my mesh pants. If your out on the road, you don't have time to find a proper dressing room, buy something cheap and large so you can pull it easy over your pants. Plus they pack very easily in a ziploc bag when not in use.