Waterproof riding boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just did a 200 mile ride through 40degree rain with my tourmaster, solution road boots with only regular socks on. Very impressed! Stayed dry and didn't get uncomfortably cold.

I've had a pair of Cruiserworks Men's Commando boots since buying my 2004 FJR new. I have an ultra-wide foot and they were the only boot that was comfortable right out of the box. The boots have been with me through heavy downpour as well as freezing cold weather and have never once failed. They are still going strong after all this time and I even wear them during the day at work at times.. They are very comfortable and I haven't had to re-sole yet. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Cruiserworks

I have multiple issues w/ boot-fit; large calves [so taller boots are out], wide feet [12EE], and high arches/insteps which means I often can't even get my flippers into the damn things. Last year on a close-out deal [the shop - not the boot] I bought a pair of Alpinestar Tech2s, which look like a short MX boot w/ a buckle closure, ...bought 'em just because they fit, wasn't convinced yet, but the price was right. Turns out I really like them!

They're very comfy, easy on & off, not overly hot in high temps [a worry going in], and after riding through a coupla good deluges in WY & NB [including lotsa of 18whlr back-wash] I can vouch for them being waterproof! The break-in was pretty nominal & wasn't the problem I'd thought it might be. I've got about 8K on them and am thinking I'll score another pair while they're still around. Shift technique took a few tries to refine but came easily enuf, though the boot is fairly stiff so it wears your lever-rubber a tad. I feel they'll give your ankle fine support if asked to, I'm figure they've already saved me a potential sprain when I did a slow fully-loaded tip-over on uneven tarmac.

This Summer on the road I checked a few shops along the way to see a few items hands-on that I hadn't found around home, and crossed a couple of other boots that afford me a fit. My Alpinestars BTW are a size12, ...I also found a size47 Diadora "Express", and a size12 TourMaster "Response" would accomodate my clodhoppers.

Thanx for the input.

I traveled to KC and tried on a pair of Sidi on roads. Not wide enough. Maybe they would have broke in, but I didn't want to spend $350 on boots that might fit. Couldn't find any Oxtar or other bike specific brand boots. Cruiserworks only had one style that was available in Extra wide. Having goofy feet sucks!

I ended up at Chucks boots (thanx lee B.) and found a nice pair of waterproof, insulated, extra wide all leather boots. They are a Georgia brand and are similar in style to bates military boots, but all leather and no nylon. They were a discountinued model from last year so they were only $100. My feet should be good to go and happy this winter.

Thanx again for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for the input.
I traveled to KC and tried on a pair of Sidi on roads. Not wide enough. Maybe they would have broke in, but I didn't want to spend $350 on boots that might fit. Couldn't find any Oxtar or other bike specific brand boots. Cruiserworks only had one style that was available in Extra wide. Having goofy feet sucks!

I ended up at Chucks boots (thanx lee B.) and found a nice pair of waterproof, insulated, extra wide all leather boots. They are a Georgia brand and are similar in style to bates military boots, but all leather and no nylon. They were a discountinued model from last year so they were only $100. My feet should be good to go and happy this winter.

Thanx again for the replies.
Just picking this up again....glad Chuck's worked out for you. Pretty good selection and prices.