WaterProof Riding Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have a recommendation for waterproof riding boots?
You'll get a lot of responses I'm sure and if you want to do further reading, search this same topic on ADVrider.com

FWIW, I'm really pleased with my Bates GX-8 boots (with non-metallic safety toe).

While not motorcycle specific, I think they offer outstanding protection while being 100% waterproof. They're all day comfortable and have the added bonus of being not only oil resistant but BLOOD resistant too! Just in case you're working a crime scene...

https://www.workbootsusa.com/bagxgononmes.html

I also like my Bates although I'm not sure of themodel. they have laces and side zips and are marketed as a tactical boot. They are goretex lined and I've tested them by standing in the bathtub and they work. Very comfy, no break in. and if you need a wider boot they fill that bill.

Apilnestar makes one that is about $120 that is waterproof (can't remember the model)

Tour Master Solution.

Comfortable, good-wearing (have used daily for a year and a half now,) have NEVER had wet feet, and I ride to work daily, rain or shine, plus whatever I encounter on the weekends.

Unbeatable for the money, low 100s, maybe even under 100 if you find a sale.

Crash-tested, too, no broken ankles, still wearing the same boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of ALPINESTARS BOOTS from cyclegear that I like a lot. I paid $99 in the store although their website shows $129.

I haven't tested them in heavy rain but so far they're dry. The biggest thing I like about them is the sole rubber...it'll grip even in an oil slick. It's a nice comfort to have when pulling the FJR up to a stoplight.

I went with a pair of These Sidi's. The Tour Masters are less expensive, but for my foot they didn't seem to fit right.

I tried on every waterproof boot I could find at the Iron Pony's local megahugestore. The Sidi's just fit me bestest. YMMV.

I have a pair of Technic Defender wp boots that i got from new enough about a year and half ago they are size 46 euro which would be about 11 to 11.5 cdn they are perfect in length But too narrow for my EEE feet. Have used them half a dozen times but are just too tight for me. They have a side zip covered by a large velcro side flap,...nice and light, comfortable (cept' the tightness), Not a High level protection boot like the more expensive sidi's and such.

My feet are (flat on floor) 10 and 3/4 inches long,...11 inches around the widest part. If you were a bit narrower they would fit perfectly. If you'r interested pm me and i will give you a buzz one the ringer

Pic's,.....Hmmmmm, yhea, really gotta get around to stuff like that. If you can't find one online....

They could go cheap to a fellow Atlantic Canadian

Cheers

-Don

I've been wearing a set of Sidi Tepor boots for the past two years. Best boot I've had, now being a convert from Alpinestars to Sidi's (much more comfortable). Absolutely waterproof. Just not the best in hot Texas weather. :)

Amen, on the Tourmasters. My feet have stayed dry on a couple of daylong rainy rides. They are my "daily ride to work" boots and I highly recommend them

-Greg-

I lived in my Sidi Roads during the Spank rally; of which about 30 hours was spent in the rain. The only water in my boots was the stuff that entered via my crotch leak, ran down my leg, and pooled in the boot.

I have some Joe Rocket touring boots I've had for just short of four years. Last year, on the way back from GA on I-75, my brother and I rode for around 250 miles is steady rain. My feet stayed nice and dry.

I also have some Harley-Davisdon Gore-Tex lined combat-style boots. The model name is the Storm. I've had them for a little longer than I've had the Joe Rockets and they've held up really well.

I have the SIDI Strada Tepor EVO. They have time and agian passed the drown test. They are also comfortable off the bike. I wore them on a Oops. Took the tough trail intead of the easy walk once, and my feet didn't complain.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator: