WaterProof Riding Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tecknic Violator waterproofs on my feet. Not one leak, and there were a few downpours I swore were get me swimming and , not one drop made it in.

Tecknic Violator waterproofs on my feet. Not one leak, and there were a few downpours I swore were get me swimming and , not one drop made it in.
Same here. But you really don't want to go for an extended walk in them, unless you don't want any skin left on your calves. For what I paid for them though (newenough) a screamin' good deal!

Same here. But you really don't want to go for an extended walk in them, unless you don't want any skin left on your calves. For what I paid for them though (newenough) a screamin' good deal!
If you want to go the inexpensive route, get yourself a pair of Tour Master boot covers. They are made of light nylon and are backed with a waterproof plastic bonded mterial. They slip over whatever you happen to have on your feet. The bottoms are open so that the soles of the footwear that you are wearing are exposed. There is an elastic that runs the circumference of the bottom that seals the area where your boot meets the sole.

The covers fold up and take no space at all to store. Mine are carried with my rain gear and are on the bike always. I paid $10.00 for mine and they have kept my feet dry through many wet riding days.

Bananas!

I've had zero problems w/ walking whatsoever. I even wore them to an airshow and walked all day in them. They were a little toasty, but all w/p boots will get warm in summer, but absolutley no pain. Maybe I look better in heels too! ;)

I've been happy with Fieldsheer Ace boots. Order a size larger than you wear. They were discontinued, but available at a discount price. They are insulated so a bit warm in the desert.

I'm on my second pair of Oxtar Matrix boots... I've been through some extended downpours, the ones where cars pull off the road, and my feet stayed bone dry. It has leather uppers, Gor-Tex waterproof lining, and oil-resistent soles. They are very comfortable... you'll forget you're wearing M/C boots. A different company now makes them, TCX, but it's the same boot.

TCX X5's at New Enough

Sidi Rain - 100% waterproof and comfy with easy on plus you can get replacement bottoms. Rode these bootsin Scotland for 5 straight days in rain. Rode 500 miles down I75 in heaavy rain and thunderstorms - not one drop.

No experience with Sidi rain, will take a look.

I'm now using Dainese Mig Touring.

c4eff88b08747e87f6728d453d6f2a9d_refined.jpg

They seem pretty good, but haven't used them long enough to have an opinion on durability.

I also have an old pair of Oxtar, look very similar to the Matrix as mentioned. I liked them a lot, after three years or so of usage, they don't seem so waterproof anymore. but still pretty comfy.

I have the Alpine Stars and so far so good. Any thing with Goretex. Bought some BMW boots with Goretex a few years ago and they started leaking. When I talked to the BMW shop where I bought them, they said I would have to contact Goretex to see about a replacement. Ya right, I thought. I contacted Goretex on a whim and they said to send the boots them and they would replace them if the Goretex was defective. I did, it was and they sent me shopping for a new pair, any pair I wanted as long as they were Goretex, at their expense.

They stand behind their products.

I'm on my second pair of Oxtar Matrix boots... I've been through some extended downpours, the ones where cars pull off the road, and my feet stayed bone dry. It has leather uppers, Gor-Tex waterproof lining, and oil-resistent soles. They are very comfortable... you'll forget you're wearing M/C boots. A different company now makes them, TCX, but it's the same boot.TCX X5's at New Enough

+1 on the TCX boots - I'm happy with mine.