Wax

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve'o'

Reaction score
I just found a wax that I feel is the absolute best I have ever used. It's call Collinite No. 845. I used this in conjunction with the Mothers clay bar and delailer. I liked the job it did so much, I actually did the cage too! It's a little expensive but hey, you get what you pay for. They actually make the stuff for the insulators on the power lines :dntknw: go figure, all I know it works really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend told me about this wax, says it lasts quite a while on his cars, even through harsh winters with road salt and many automatic car washings which would normally strip off most waxes.

Found it available online at Advance Auto Parts for around $15 U.S. Even some guys selling on eBay and Amzon.com.

I plan to try it soon on the truck.

Collinite is GREAT wax indeed . . . using a clay bar first to remove all surface contaminants will help the wax adhere longer and all the paint to look more brilliant. I do a far amount of detailing on the side and for protection Collinite is among the best (imho). A few years ago I started using Adams Waxes CLICKY for a few reasons . . . his waxes are easier and quicker to use, they have a "Detail Spray" that is the nutz for using on the road and between waxes, and a "Waterless Wash" product that allows me to "wash" the bike without breaking out the hose and bucket. I'm not connected with Adams . . . just a HUGE fan.

I'll have to try Collinite on the bikes and then see how Adams Detail Spray and Waterless Wash interact with it . . .

Ha! You wash and wax your bike? Some never do.... LOL.

Traditional waxes (carnuba) don't last, so you apply them more often. I use Rejex, start of season and mid-way. You apply it as normal, and let it cure for 12 hrs. according to them. Not that I find it super slippery to keep bugs off, but it does seem to be good stuff. A bottle will last you a long time if you only do your bike. I had heard rave reviews before, but here is another I just found.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/rejex/

Wax? You guys got bikini lines or sumthin'?

This would indicated some may wash their bikes?

Absurd!!!! I find rain to be much more convenient than spending hours with this silly practice. :lol:

Wax, as Walt indicates... Is for hair removal.

Hurts like hell, but I look less like a caveman and don't scare the neighbor kids, when me back is less woolly. ;)

I'm a fan of Liquid Glass. Was skeptical at first, as you let the finish "bake" in the sunlight. I initally put 3 succesive coats on, then once or twice a year. As wierd as it sounds, it acts like Rain X for windshields,without the downfalls of Rain X on plastic.

Ha! You wash and wax your bike? Some never do.... LOL.

Traditional waxes (carnuba) don't last, so you apply them more often. I use Rejex, start of season and mid-way. You apply it as normal, and let it cure for 12 hrs. according to them. Not that I find it super slippery to keep bugs off, but it does seem to be good stuff. A bottle will last you a long time if you only do your bike. I had heard rave reviews before, but here is another I just found.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/rejex/
+1 for Rejex.

I've been using Rejex for about 5 years and most likely will never go back to wax.