Weatherproof Pelican Case for Valentine 1 Detector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for those of you that don't want the gay green (love ya iggy :p ) and want 4 color choices, and to pay 6 bucks LESS, look here:
pelican 1020

dana
What's not clear to me is if you can get the cases totally clear as well as a choice of liner color. The colored top units are going to make it so that you can't see the detector....unless you install upside down.

for those of you that don't want the gay green (love ya iggy :p ) and want 4 color choices, and to pay 6 bucks LESS, look here:

pelican 1020

dana
What's not clear to me is if you can get the cases totally clear as well as a choice of liner color. The colored top units are going to make it so that you can't see the detector....unless you install upside down.

i'm not sure...

from that pages info, i gather that clear with color choice is best for your farkle...

some may want blue for their bike, or black for 'stealth' lol...

Last edited by a moderator:
Iggy,

It's been almost a year now, how is this method doing if you're still using it? Does the detector lose any 'sight' being enclosed as such? I noticed that the box seam seems to cut through the middle of the detector eye and was curios as to the effect that may have.

If it does deteriorate the incoming signal I am thinking of trying one of the glass pyrex boxes inverted, but I like the Pelican/Otter boxes. Thanks. :)

Actually, I bailed on it about a month after and bought one of the tupperware covers from Legal Speeding after somebody pointed it out to me from this farkle. It's cheaper and fits better IMO.

I've been using the V1 Security Enclosure from N/Line (see this tread) for over a year, and love it. I've had no problems in the rain, and by adding a security bolt to my RAM arm, I can leave it on the bike during lunch stops without (too much) worry. A bad guy can always take a hack saw to the RAM ball stem, but otherwise it's very secure.

After looking for years I finally found a cheap alternative to the Legal Speeding case. I found the Legal Speeding case to be too big for the V1 and a pain to mount on a shelf without fouling with the windscreen.

I found two options at The Container Store. One short version which is NOT clear, and one slightly taller version which is clear. $3.99 and $2.99! :)

IMG_20160418_203644.jpg

IMG_20160418_210849.jpg

IMG_20160418_203720-e1461037562858.jpg

IMG_20160418_210827.jpg

Complete write up with links to the store here: https://koczarski.com/2016-yamaha-fjr1300es/valentine-one-radarlaser-detector

Last edited by a moderator: