Welcome to the bleeding edge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps [SIZE=24pt]I'm overly sensitive [/SIZE]to the "driving distracted" thing after [SIZE=24pt]recently watching Oprah[/SIZE], but more than half of the examples [SIZE=24pt]she paraded out [/SIZE]were clearly cases where the person was a bit, um... dumb.
ManCardRevoked.jpg

Sorry...couldn't wait 'till Friday :D
OUCH, that one hurt! Oh and Sacramento Mike? I wouldn't be putting anything in your ears - you won't be ablel to cops behind you! :unsure: :yahoo: A toofer for Tuesday! Woot!

Oh FFS, what was I thinking...?!

Ok, OK... it wasn't even Friday but I can now see how my initial response would have COMPELLED people to take a DogPile Friday attitude... :D

Now, if we can just put this little incident behind us, stay on topic (iPad, there, I said it...) and give me a few minutes to compose myself, I'd appreciate it...

*in reality, sportsguy is already in his garage scanning for raw materials to construct something, whilst watching for some moke to pawn the card off on...*

Ok, I just whipped this up... a foam model of a hard sided tank bag for the FJR...

2769597360048658291S600x600Q85.jpg

Incidentally, this plan is now shot due to the Heli risers repositioning of the clip ons... :( New plan in the works! :)

I ride with a laptop in the topcase so I always have it when I need it. Not sure a mounted iPad would be something I would want to do. It would just be one more thing for me to think about when I fill up gas, get a drink and hit the head. When I come back, no iPad.

My next thing to find out is will it hook up to my Starcom the same way a Garmin 660, 1 stereo input, and the other Aux. output. I know the iPad has a 4/3 contact head set/mic. input port. I bought a Skull Candy ear bud set with microphone and tried it out using the dictation App I downloaded. What I need to do now is find a 4 conductor 1/8 inch plug that I can wire up to 2 separate cables.
:blink:

Brodie
Mouser is your friend for an amazing selection of cables that you can make your own. Search for either the 3.5mm or 2.5mm 4 conductor plug and make your own cable. I had to do this for my Autocom unit since they are no longer around.

worldbound4now