Well I'm Trying

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would consider not using the these tools in the farkling ;)

100_0395.jpg

The "red triangle" markings above the switch didn't indicate to you that they might have something to do with "hazard warnings"?

My 60 yr. old eyeballs saw one was a triangle, the other has a circle with a bar through it...indicating "no" or "off". Sheesh, young whippersnappers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The "red triangle" markings above the switch didn't indicate to you that they might have something to do with "hazard warnings"?

My 60 yr. old eyeballs saw one was a triangle, the other has a circle with a bar through it...indicating "no" or "off". Sheesh, young whippersnappers!
Honest to God...Really...all I see above the switch is glare from the flash. I swear I don't see any glyphs there.

I just called the wife in to point out what you're describing and she found the markings right off the bat! ****!

"Tell 'em about your red/green colorblindness." She did have to put HER glasses on to see it though, so I don't feel too bad about not spotting it. Even when she put the mouse pointer RIGHT ON the red triangle, I still don't see it. Sigh!

I just called the wife in to point out what you're describing and she found the markings right off the bat! ****!
"Tell 'em about your red/green colorblindness." She did have to put HER glasses on to see it though, so I don't feel too bad about not spotting it. Even when she put the mouse pointer RIGHT ON the red triangle, I still don't see it. Sigh!
Hmmmmm, riding with you in the lead must be reeeeaaaallll fun, what with stop signals and emergency vehicles with their confusing red lights????? :whistle: :uhuh:

Seriously, a good percentage of males suffer the same problem. A loooong time ago I was aphotog in the Navy and we had to pass a colorblindness test. They're a little funny about photogs being able to see ALL colors. Many failed.

Hmmmmm, riding with you in the lead must be reeeeaaaallll fun, what with stop signals and emergency vehicles with their confusing red lights????? :whistle: :uhuh:

Seriously, a good percentage of males suffer the same problem. A loooong time ago I was aphotog in the Navy and we had to pass a colorblindness test. They're a little funny about photogs being able to see ALL colors. Many failed.
1975...me and the missus are on vaca to the nation's capital. I knew I had a color perception problem, but didn't realize how bad it was until I ran through one of these in D.C. and got a ticket for red light running...

250px-Colourblind_traffic_signal.JPG

I effin' hate horizontal traffic signals. And to be honest, looking at the above picture, I can tell the light on the far left is the one that's "on", but for the life of me, I don't have a clue if it's a red or a green light. :ph34r:

Oh, trust me...this slow old fart is NEVER the lead rider. :)

I like that Cruiser lever. What was involved in the installation of that farkle?

I added a Monokey E52 box on my '07, along with Wild Bill Highway Pegs (these are a must!).

1975...me and the missus are on vaca to the nation's capital. I knew I had a color perception problem, but didn't realize how bad it was until I ran through one of these in D.C. and got a ticket for red light running...

I effin' hate horizontal traffic signals. And to be honest, looking at the above picture, I can tell the light on the far left is the one that's "on", but for the life of me, I don't have a clue if it's a red or a green light. :ph34r:

ummm it's purple

:p

You better stay out of Canada.

I can see it now. Where's Howie?

Ol' Howie went to see the Mounties,

and the truck mounted Ol' Howie.

:lol:

Bob

Hi there
What do you think of your Corbin Seat?

I was thinking of getting one and some words on it may help me

Thanks

Later

I don't know how they do it but its like they have a mold of my a$$. With just height, weight and inseam they managed to make a very comfortable fitting seat. I havent done a thousand miler on it yet but a couple hundred feels great. I had a Corbin on my last bike (kept the backrest) and it actually feels as if it puts you more into the bike. Read where lots of guys out here were'nt happy with them but I guess everyones different. I really like this one. :)

Sigh! You guys just love bustin' on us old, worn out bastages. let this sleepin' dog lie, m'kay?
OK Mr. Garrison. Go back to sleep, ya gots a big shuffle board match tonight, don't wanna be tired.

:jester:
Get yer cast members straight, slacker....

It's Mister Mackey, the Guidance Counselor, who say"m'kay", m'kay?