Wentworht Springs Road?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My suspicion is that its about 2 months early for that ride. They don't usually plow up there until after Memorial Day. We made that attempt a couple of years ago and had to turn around when we got to the 3' high drifts.

Still, if you had to turn around, Georgetown has a good lunch stop and riding down Hwy 193 to Placerville is nice (then North on Hwy 49....).

Last edited by a moderator:
My suspicion is that its about 2 months early for that ride. They don't usually plow up there until after Memorial Day. We made that attempt a couple of years ago and had to turn around when we got to the 3' high drifts.
Still, if you had to turn around, Georgetown has a good lunch stop and riding down Hwy 193 to Placerville is nice (then North on Hwy 49....).
Thanks..Did that route last week and another 200 miles today including 49 between cool and Jackson..Time to head west..

Heck, yeah! Take 113 North to the 2nd off ramp (Covell Rd which becomes Road 31 which becomes Hwy 128) through Winters and around Lake Berryessa and Lake Hennesey to Silverado Trail, then head North into Calistoga for lunch. :yahoo:

I'm jist tryin' tuh hep! ;)

Heck, yeah! Take 113 North to the 2nd off ramp (Covell Rd which becomes Road 31 which becomes Hwy 128) through Winters and around Lake Berryessa and Lake Hennesey to Silverado Trail, then head North into Calistoga for lunch. :yahoo:
Hey Madmike, I did that run yesterday in reverse, lots of great scenery and fun roads, ate at yountville at the Blue Pacific and came back that way - good recommendation -

Hank

I appreciate the suggestion Mike, great roads. We’ve been riding 193 and 49 the last month. Need to explore other parts of the state soon, running out of ideas. Riding dirt bikes was the same, couldn't wait for the snow to start melting.