We're a month out from the meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I had a crazy weekend, but actually if we have the bikes facing the "middle" side of the building where there is still a second floor/balcony. The sun should still be facing the right way to get a shot from there. With 100-150 bikes, I think as much altitude as possible is necessary.

I vote for the high Quality Video, And have our video expert babbles do the editing and make some great stills out of the video...
I run the same equipment as babbles does and you can bet I'll be running video everytime the bike is running (I even picked up 4 extra memory cards!) so I'm good for about 9hrs of vid before I need to start dl'ing shit.

He can edit it though, that boy's got some crazy edit skills!

I've also got a Sony digital video camera with, I think, a 30 G hard drive. I don't know how many hours that is, but I bet it's more than I would need.

I'll pack it too.

So, I'll be coming with the Sony digital video, and a Canon 10D digital SLR.

I'll have my Nikon D300 w/ 18-200mm lens. I may be able to borrow a better quality wide-angle lens from the X-G/F.

I can help with the photos. Like, maybe hold the ladder steady? That's the extent of my camera knowledge. Don't wiggle.

When I bought my camera I asked the guy to sell me a camera that an idiot could use. And he sold me one. Point, click. Not the best, but right at my level.

That's all.

I'll have my Nikon D300 w/ 18-200mm lens. I may be able to borrow a better quality wide-angle lens from the X-G/F.
I've been looking at the D300. How do you like it?

I absolutely love it! I really loved the D200, and this one is a huge step forward from that.

It's super fast at autofocusing as well as the shutter. And, the low light capabilities are mind boggling.

There was over 140 bikes last year. Assuming we surpass that, I really don't think a ladder will be enough elevation to get them all in properly.

1398724809_e0f9a85032_b.jpg

I think the key this year will be parking the bikes closer together. There was alot of open space in this shot. I will talk to the hotel about roping off part of the parking lot 90 degrees to the left of this shot; that would give you a 2nd deck balcony to shoot from and put the sun behind or to the side. You think that will work?

There was over 140 bikes last year. Assuming we surpass that, I really don't think a ladder will be enough elevation to get them all in properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
YES YES YES!!!!! That should give us the absolute best chance of a really good quality shot. Since the most convenient time of day to get the shot is at a time when the sun is getting low, it makes planning for the light that much more critical.

I shot many proofs of the pic below and then tried to massage it a bit after, but unfortunately didn't feel really satisfied with it from that angle, which has the most impact.

I think the key this year will be parking the bikes closer together. There was alot of open space in this shot. I will talk to the hotel about roping off part of the parking lot 90 degrees to the left of this shot; that would give you a 2nd deck balcony to shoot from and put the sun behind or to the side. You think that will work?

I vote for the high Quality Video, And have our video expert babbles do the editing and make some great stills out of the video...
I run the same equipment as babbles does and you can bet I'll be running video everytime the bike is running (I even picked up 4 extra memory cards!) so I'm good for about 9hrs of vid before I need to start dl'ing shit.

He can edit it though, that boy's got some crazy edit skills!

Thanks Bungie, I appreciate that!

I will be running video pretty much all the time I am there, on the bike, as well as things happening at the hotel too. Want to document as much as I can so than I can produce a video about the entire meet.

Chris

I will be running video pretty much all the time I am there, on the bike, as well as things happening at the hotel too. Want to document as much as I can so than I can produce a video about the entire meet.
I figure between the two of us, and whomever else, we can cover the hell out of the meet. They've got 2 2Gb SD cards on sale for less than $20 up here. I'm seriously thinking of picking up another pack of them.

I still have about 2 hrs of vid from our annual Ride to the Wall (Veterans Memorial) I need to find time to edit into something presentable.

I finally figured out a way to convert the DivX AVI's out of the POV into something Premiere 6.5 will digest. Now I've got to learn Premiere. Oh, and a 80 minute 'clip' when converted to a raw DV AVI will totally chew any drive space you have left!

I figure between the two of us, and whomever else, we can cover the hell out of the meet. They've got 2 2Gb SD cards on sale for less than $20 up here. I'm seriously thinking of picking up another pack of them.
Did someone mention 2G SD cards? 2G-$5-Free Shipping