Wfo 5 Requested Subjects

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Longrider

Reaction score
I would like to have a session where someone that really knows the "ticking" sound would listen to my FJR and any others that are interested. I think it is "ticking", but I get no help from the local dealers. Confirmation either way would set my mind at ease.

Thanks,

Longrider

Perhaps we could set something up "official" or "semi-official". Even if we don't however, you shouldn't have any trouble finding someone who can help you out. There have been enough tickers out there that I am sure several who experienced the tick will be present that weekend to give an evaluation.

Maybe we can set up some kind of windshield swap. Assuming suppliers may not be there, some could try different 'shields to see what works for them.

Some enterprising person should set up a bike wash to deal with all the long distance riders coming into town. There's gonna be a LOT of dirty bikes riding into town that are gonna wanna look good in front of their peers...

There is always a bike wash area. Usually where all the B.S. sessions start.

Or, you can opt for Warchild's philosophy: "A clean bike is a gay bike!"

While we all enjoy his wit, charm, vocabulary and knowledge, we don't all subscribe to this philosophy. ;)

Or, you can opt for Warchild's philosophy: "A clean bike is a gay bike!"
Or the Doug Chapman philosophy "that's what rain is for". It must be a LDR thing. :D

we don't all subscribe to this philosophy
I'm with you there madmike2, I like to keep my bikes clean.

Hmmmm. With or without pillion? Methinks the local gendarmes will not be pleased with any hooliganisms. The week before Hot August Nights may not be the best time to test the leniency of the law in Reno.

How about a session with someone that really knows how to dial an FJR suspension (stock) followed by some aftermarket suspension information. I'd love to be able to know how to:

Quickly adjust between 2 up touring

-- superslab set up

-- twisty set up

and

Solo riding

-- long range comfort

-- aggressive riding

Oil. Helmet or not. Tire selection. Best cruise/riser/brace/shock/lighting/seating. And, for the last two guys standing, best color. That aughta do it..... ;) :D

Personally I would never repair a tire unless it was an emergency situation. I would replace the tire.....to much is riding on it.