WFO-6 Curtain Closes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotpackage, farkles, painman, and one other are in eureka NV headding out this morining should be there by 2 or so :yahoo:

The forecast for today is mid-80's, Thundershowers in the PM.

I suppose I'll have to go for a ride to Flaming Gorgoe tomorrow.

Well everyone enjoy the convention I will be doing it from the computer.

I am getting ready to head to the dreaded dental work for about 3 hours. Than back home to read the live up dates

:)

Fresh Report. It's 10:30 a.m. on Thursday and we've had about 32 people check in.

Weather is sunny, 60's, and......DRY!

I'm looking around the room and TWN is holding court, Beeroux is looking over the Sadde Sore/Bun Burner Gold route map, FNG the photog is shooting a picture of me holding the karma jar, Skooter is fluffing staff, and Big Chief Stinky Pants is hovering behind me being his typical 5 year old self.

Good fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one tickled me. Vectervp1 is in L.A. at a work conference and had planned to all-night it after the conference concludes on Friday. This just in:

Right now I'm ditching the rest of the conference and packing my shit. I'm goingto try and sneak in a 'nap' this evening and head out around 1:00am. Everything willing, I'll be there in the morning sometime.
The boy clearly has his priorities straight. :yahoo:

I thought I had found some cash, had arranged for 2 tires Tues PM from Shane, and was looking like I'd be able to head west Wed am. But, just couldn't swing it. Dammit.

As if I need to say it, have fun guys/girls, and be safe. Maybe next year, if I can keep a bike together for that long! :glare:

Love the updates. :thumbsup: Keep'em coming for those of us who must live vicariously through you!!

It's killing me not being able to join in the fun this time around. MsNASCAR and I will keep checking updates as they come accross.

The WFO rallys keep growing every year so it is only natural that it will morph into the NFO, as in National, to be held in CO next year.

Party on comrades. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Update, Friday, 8 a.m.

I'm in the registration area a bit early trying to get ready for what will be a morning rush. Even though we extended registration to 6 p.m. last night and have 136 people checked in.....there were 157 motorcycles parked at Madmike2's count in the garage last night! Between pillions and riders....that means we're going to have a rush.

Last night at 6 p.m. Beeroux did his ride briefing for an instate Saddle Sore and optional Bun Burner Gold. About a dozen riders including 3 "virgins" were handed seriously obnoxious towels (they have to take Polaroids with the towels in them to prove they were at a certain place) and departed the hotel at 4 a.m. for what will be a stunning ride I'm sure. With a 1,000 mile budget you get to see large swaths of this phenomenal state.

Beeroux even is doing a Saddle Sore himself with a towel made up for him and hopes to get back on a bike he borrowed from TurboDave before most of the riders.

MW263124b.JPG

Also arrived is Slapnpop...however the 4 admins haven't actually gotten anywhere in one place just quite yet for fear of being painted with lasers and taken out with high-power rifles by trolls or spammers we've banned from the board in the past.

Cdogman hosted a BBQ last night and although I couldn't make it I know TWN, Mike-H, Toecutter, and others made the journey down to South Jordan and were thoroughly overserved. I have this feeling they'll be running a bit slow this morning.

Looking through the window I want to ride badly....and maybe will get to in the afternoon. I did get away and demo an FZ1 yesterday from Yamaha and although a fun and tossable bike....it just doesn't compare to the FJR. Maybe I needed to get used to it, but the torque didn't even appear until 6,000 rpm and although things got seriously interesting at 9,000 rpm with some serious thrust you had to rev it to 12K to squeeze out the go.

.....and a more entertaining note.....SkooterG finally figured out the meaning on his badge title. I had put "Staff Fluffer" and he didn't get the meaning until IronMaiden explained it to him. .....he's now diverting his mental resources to paying me back. :blink:

I'm sure I'll report in this afternoon as the first feedbag gets closer.

wfo6badgeproto3.JPG

TWN's badge is a self-done mug shot styled after Nick Nolte's arrest with what few hairs he has left sticking straight up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts