WFO-6 Park City FJR Gathering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn

Reaction score
July 26th thru the 29th is the sixth annual FJR gathering in Park City Utah. Anyone is SoCal considering going. I am difinitely making the trip. Utah is spectacular from a scenic and riding experience. I'm a newbie to the site and haven't figured out how to post the link. I'm going to reach out to Fairlaner for some help, if he is willing.

Last edited by a moderator:
July 26th thru the 29th is the sixth annual FJR gathering in Park City Utah. Anyone is SoCal considering going. I am difinitely making the trip. Utah is spectacular from a scenic and riding experience. I'm a newbie to the site and haven't figured out how to post the link. I'm going to reach out to Fairlaner for some help, if he is willing.
Hi Glenn here is the WFO area. If you have a look around there you will undoubtedly find others riding from your area.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showforum=78

Regards

gypsy

If it is as HOT at last time it may be a night ride up the Interstate 15. Otherwise it could be a real cooker!

If it is as HOT at last time it may be a night ride up the Interstate 15. Otherwise it could be a real cooker!
hopefully there wil be les cops around for the blast up thru monument valley.

And i agree it will be an early start to make it to elevation before the heat.

Richard

hopefully there wil be les cops around for the blast up thru monument valley.

And i agree it will be an early start to make it to elevation before the heat.

Richard
As long as you hit Kingman by noon you should be fine. It's at 3,400' and Seligman is at 5,400', so the ride into Flagstaff should be temperate. An early start from Flagstaff should yield similar results northward to the Utah border.

Hello Richard,

I saw your response to Glenn and went to the WFO site also. Are you spending Wednesday night July 25th in Flagstaff? If so, FJRobert, other Zonies, and myself may join up with you. We had planned to leave our work in Phoenix at 1500 hours that day (in the 115 degree heat) and make it up over the Utah border to spend the night. But if the California crew is spending the night in Flag, we would tag along. Work # at Metro Mechanical is 602-254-1191x148.

Best Regards,

Don Stanley

H: 480-917-3863

Hello Richard,
I saw your response to Glenn and went to the WFO site also. Are you spending Wednesday night July 25th in Flagstaff? If so, FJRobert, other Zonies, and myself may join up with you. We had planned to leave our work in Phoenix at 1500 hours that day (in the 115 degree heat) and make it up over the Utah border to spend the night. But if the California crew is spending the night in Flag, we would tag along. Work # at Metro Mechanical is 602-254-1191x148.

Best Regards,

Don Stanley

H: 480-917-3863
Hi Don

Yes that is the plan. I guess i need to start thinking about making a reservation in Flagstaff as it will be busy there in the summer.

I will look into it and post the hotel info.

Richard

Ok I looked into hotels and found/booked a room at the Best Western, the rate i got was $71+tax.

Go here to book a room for wednesday night.

Richard

I have that time blocked out, but funds are tight right now. I'm about a month away from being able to make reservations and such. If that's too late for this year, so be it. If not, I'd like to link up with another SD rider who is heading up...safety in numbers.

I have that time blocked out, but funds are tight right now. I'm about a month away from being able to make reservations and such. If that's too late for this year, so be it. If not, I'd like to link up with another SD rider who is heading up...safety in numbers.
For sure, you'll be able to register in one month, rooms on the other hand, is an unknown. I haven't checked room count this week, but last I did 10 days or so ago, we had about 35 or so left. I wouldn't count on them lasting too much longer. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Well, I registered today. Should be fun!!
And like magic you get a hotel code. Three....nope four new people today!

This event is gonna be big!
4? That shoulda kicked us over the two hunnert mark. Hmmm, oh, I think I know why.

There goes the neighborhood! :rolleyes: Going to do the ss1k big fella?
Hell, no. I am going to sit around the pool and drink Pina Coladas. I need this vacation!!
*CHOKE! GAG!* Man, you're that tired from tossin' Ciggy the ball? :****:

And like magic you get a hotel code. Three....nope four new people today!

This event is gonna be big!
4? That shoulda kicked us over the two hunnert mark. Hmmm, oh, I think I know why.
Maybe 200 registered....with a couple repeats, but more like 174 or 175 paid registrants including staff. That's the number that counts....the folks that have actually paid up.