WFO-8 pics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronMaiden

Reaction score

not sure how to post pics, but you can go to my webshots album. Please identify yourselves, I'm sooo bad with names.

IronMaiden said:

not sure how to post pics, but you can go to my webshots album. Please identify yourselves, I'm sooo bad with names.
well, it looks like I do know how to post pics. Click on the pic to go to my webshots album. Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, some of those pics are frightening! :eek: :eek: :eek:

scary.jpg

scary2.jpg

scary3.jpg

2091182380026154363UAfZns_th.jpg

Lisa (Iron Maiden) and Patty (Mrs. FJRay).

It's waaaayyyy kewel to see Patty has recovered from the motorcycle accident.

Really enjoyed WFO, meeting everyone, and the roads...oh the roads.

Hats off to the planning committee for keeping it fun, organized, good eats, and on time. Enjoy the following, mostly from my ride up.

Left Kennewick with MCRider007, who took us through a killer route in Oregon. Look's like schools out for summer and forever in Holman.

P1010212.JPG

Perpective is a good thing to keep.

P1010213.JPG

P1010215.JPG

Close Encounters of the Hot Kind

P1010216.JPG

P1010220.JPG

Elgin's City Hall

P1010225.JPG

Hell's Canyon

P1010226.JPG

P1010229.JPG

No sign of the Pie Whore Niehart anywhere, but I could sense him lurking around....

P1010230.JPG

Loves me some of that Spiral Highway.

P1010234.JPG

I was impressed that the WFO planning committee was able to book the cast of Baywatch for the Bike Wash. Washing bikes at a rally is for whooses though...

P1010236.JPG

All tucked in and waiting for the next day's ride....

P1010238.JPG

More to come...

Day 2, trying to figure out which route to try, when MCRider007 says "hey, how'd you like to ride 100 miles to get a pie. They got breakfasts too."

He had me at "pie."

So down to Lewiston, and out to Kaima

P1010240.JPG

A hundred miles later, we arrived at pie central in Kaima

P1010251.JPG

So many pies, so little time.

Where I come from, there's no such thing as bad pie.

Just pie...and great pie.

This lemon meringue had a beehive larger than Marge Simpson's....

P1010253.JPG

Niehart the pie whore had been whining Friday nite that there was no pie at the banquet. The Huckleberry one looked a little lonely, so I adopted it for the ride back home.

P1010252.JPG

They make a damn fine cup of coffee too. We had a little breakfast with our coffee. I think I needed to win Warchild's ab buster DVD.

P1010254.JPG

McRider is power geek, having worked for the DOE. We checked out this nifty dam on the way back.

P1010257.JPG

It is the second tallest dam in the U.S. behind Hoover.

P1010263.JPG

It was holding this gorgeous tributary back from flooding the canyon below, and doing a "damn" fine job.

P1010258.JPG

Headed back to Moscow on P1, the smells and colors were intoxicating.

P1010265.JPG

P1010266.JPG

At the banquet, the planning committee allowed Warchild to act out one of his bedroom fantasies...

P1010270.JPG

It was wrong in so many amusing ways...

P1010279.JPG

But the night was drawing to a close, and I had to see a man about a pie. Niehart's ears perked up immediately with the word "huckleberry". He tried to hide his delight, even playing critic "I don't know dawg....for me for you for me, the crust....it's kinda pitchy...." [if this makes no sense,

]
P1010283.JPG

But Niehart around pie is like [insert reference to favorite masculine FJR personality] around coeds. Hey, I think he likes it!"

P1010284.JPG

The Huckleberry went straight to his heart, and in a rare fit of generosity with his pie, Niehart felt compelled to rush over to Old Michael's room and bang furiously on his door with glee, shouting "Room Service! Special Delivery"

P1010285.JPG

We listened intently but heard only groans and curses emanate from OM's room. Hey...we tried to share a little PNW hospitality.

Thoroughly enjoyed WFO. Thanks for the company and fun.

P1010282.JPG

Registration shot is of DABAYLINER (Dennis A). I was out looking for "Food" and found the Registration Area. Thanks to all I had a great time.

Well done Hudman!
Did we at least get the right room, or did we traumatize an innocent bystander attending the Schetke wedding?
The Schetkes cancelled when they saw the lot full of "BMW's".

That was the room, and you've no idea how much I regret missing the evening pie.

Great finally meeting so many -- especially the PNW bunch.

I remember most of those scenery shots. From the first time WFO3 in Moscow. Brings back great memories of the rides on those incredible roads.

I've always had trouble "keeping it up" while in a crowd. Even the women were doing better than me. I knew I should have let the wife wear the strap-on this time.

TMI!!!