WFO Rides/Routes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to add the Cecilville loop, as it is one of my own favorites. I haven't been over it yet this year, but it was in great shape last year. Sawyers Bar Road, which branches off from the Cecilville road at Forks of Salmon and comes out in Etna, is also a great ride, as is Scotts Bar, which goes between Fort Jones and Hwy 96. Of course, there are no "bad" parts of Hwy 96, but there is some road construction in the area of Somes Bar that had a short - half mile or so - stretch of hard packed gravel when I was over it a few weeks ago.

Titlow Hill road is all paved with the exception of about 50ft. It is very narrow in places but a lot of fun, if it is a clear day you will get some amazing views as you ride along the Ridge Route on you way down to Mad River.

It is mostly all like

I will bring my copy of Destination Highways Nor Cal with me, it has all of the above routes i believe.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I'm looking for somewhere new to ride ( all the roads posted are excellent, you can make a wrong choice ! :yahoo: ), has any one ridden Bald Hill Rd ? The 96 and 169 intersect and up 169 a couple miles is Bald Hill road, Google shows it paved, mapsource shows it dirt , any info ????

A DH sighting?

:yahoo:

The roads don't much matter but I think the intersection is Martin's Ferry Road.

Richard is right. Take videos. Have a coffee, or a Newcastle. I'll be along shortly.
Doors always open ! ;)

Dave sounds to me like there is only one way to find out...........
R
Depends if I'm two up or not...seen all those switchbacks ? It's hard to drift it two up in the dirt. :ph34r:

Dave sounds to me like there is only one way to find out...........
R
Depends if I'm two up or not...seen all those switchbacks ? It's hard to drift it two up in the dirt. :ph34r:
For some of us..... :blink:

[SIZE=8pt]...Trying to imagine Di's reaction to "backing it in" while 2-up...[/SIZE]

Ok now I'm drooling. Why couldn't this have been LAST weekend? :cray:
If you had PM'd me I would have emailed you the routes.

Neener-neener-neener..... :bleh:

Highlander is correct, there are no bad routes. ANy of these could be shortened or modified and you'd still have a great ride. The area is just THAT lovely and the roads...... :yahoo:

Sharing all of this with friends, old and new: Priceless!

[SIZE=8pt]Escept for Barb, who won't be there.[/SIZE]