What a Surprise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monty

Reaction score
We are having a Christmas party for our hi school graduating class of 1955 and everyone is dressing in 50's garb.

I ordered a Pistol Pete Motorcycle Jacket from Leatherup to wear for the occasion. What a shock when I opened the package. This is one helluva nice jacket. Only paid $114.00 including shipping so really wasn't expecting much. The buffalo leather is very thick yet soft to the touch. Workmanship is every bit as nice as my other name brand leather jackets. Has armor and a zip out liner.

I'm a regular Marlon Brando. Little known fact. He rode a very mild Triumph Bonneyville in "The Wild One". lol
smile.png

There was one of those email jokes going around a while back listing some differences between "then" and "now." Like:

Then: Wishing you looked like Liz Taylor or Marlon Brando

Now: Wishing you didn't look like Liz Taylor or Marlon Brando.

Careful what you wish for.

(Did you get the hat too?)

tumblr_ljrm5olsST1qbz270o1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We are having a Christmas party for our hi school graduating class of 1955 and everyone is dressing in 50's garb.

I ordered a Pistol Pete Motorcycle Jacket from Leatherup to wear for the occasion. What a shock when I opened the package. This is one helluva nice jacket. Only paid $114.00 including shipping so really wasn't expecting much. The buffalo leather is very thick yet soft to the touch. Workmanship is every bit as nice as my other name brand leather jackets. Has armor and a zip out liner.

I'm a regular Marlon Brando. Little known fact. He rode a very mild Triumph Bonneyville in "The Wild One". lol
smile.png
Actually it was Brando's own Triumph Thunderbird 650, not a Bonneville. Here's a photo of a replica of the one he rode in the film:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Triumph_Thunderbird_from_the_movie_%22The_Wild_One%22_%281953%29.jpg

(As I ride a Triumph now I've been reading up on um ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
How's that Triumph treating you? Missing the power/comfort/utility of the FJR yet?

The two of us have been pretty happy so far. I would say due to the colder temps out I miss the coverage the FJR provided. I did pick up a small windscreen (see my thread in "other bikes") that does help alot.

There are things I can do more comfortably on the Bonnie, like fly down a gravel road faster, and the bike does transition very quickly from left to right to left in all the tight squiggly roads here. Which is FUN and one of the reasons I always loved motorcycles. :)