What about adding forum just for vs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Put all FJR-versus-topics in new forum?

• Yes: new specified forum.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No: leave it like it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I tend to get more "vs" information out of a bonafide magazine from the pros if I'm looking to compare. Certainly there is some value in the average Joe's opinion, but I'm usually looking for just a bit "more" when I'm comparing and preparing for a purchase. I can usually find that by investing a few bucks in a professional publication.
I have to disagree with you there (for the most part). Magazines that accept advertising very often give a review with a slant, IMO. I'm always frustrated when I read a comparison article that votes for the Honsaki 2400 over the Kawaha 2380 based on some goofy shit like "the paint had more metal-flake in it" only to turn the page and find a double wide Honsaki ad. That stinks if you ask me (which, by the way, I realize nobody did).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be handy for noobs who are looking at getting an FJR, instead of starting the 122nd thread on "How does the FJR compare to the new Honsaki 2400" they could look there (or be directed there by a dog-pile :yahoo: ).
why not simply point the noob to the SEARCH function?

Categorizing some of the NEPRT might be worthwhile (as in subdirectories). Having sections for tire and oils threads, for example, could be useful: I use the tire threads frequently. I would be willing to sort through old threads if there is any interest, I spend enough time on here already. :)

Categorizing some of the NEPRT might be worthwhile (as in subdirectories). Having sections for tire and oils threads, for example, could be useful: I use the tire threads frequently. I would be willing to sort through old threads if there is any interest, I spend enough time on here already. :)
Probably even more useful is figuring out a method to encourage people to quit making new threads and utilize the existing ones.

Instead of making yet more categories...and then the inevitable management of threads that people should be slightly embarrased that the thread landed in NEPRT...how about you make an FAQ of popular threads on the subject and we may pin it at the top?

Ping me offline if you'd like to do something like that.

We should make peace and enjoy others company. A "vs." section would just stir up the bad blood.

But, on the other hand, if we could make it complete with pictures and enter some hot looking Babes......then I say :yahoo:

If a new forum was to be added, I much rather see GenI and GenII separated. Most old timers have GenIs, and are usually intolerant and not helpful with new owners. And besides, ALL problems I've read with GenIIs (altitude sickness, clutch, switch, etc) don't apply to GenIs, so they can't really help even if they wanted to. You ask something that has been asked for the past 5 years and all you usally get is a scalding response that takes longer to type than an answer. All the folks in my ignore list are old timers who can't help me anyway.

A GenI and GenII boards would make everybody happy IMO (old timers won't be bothered with new questions, and new timers wouldn't be afraid to post anymore). The simple fact I suggested it probably killed the chances of ever happening, but at least I said it.

Now back to the subject, which I vote 'NO', by the way. Later.

JC

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to get more "vs" information out of a bonafide magazine from the pros if I'm looking to compare. Certainly there is some value in the average Joe's opinion, but I'm usually looking for just a bit "more" when I'm comparing and preparing for a purchase. I can usually find that by investing a few bucks in a professional publication.
I have to disagree with you there (for the most part). Magazines that accept advertising very often give a review with a slant, IMO. I'm always frustrated when I read a comparison article that votes for the Honsaki 2400 over the Kawaha 2380 based on some goofy shit like "the paint had more metal-flake in it" only to turn the page and find a double wide Honsaki ad. That stinks if you ask me (which, by the way, I realize nobody did).

Then you had the wrong mag Gun... Page 32 of the Honsaki VS weekly

Well, I can't entirely disagree with your reasoning there either, pal. I would not rely on one source, instead I'd use (and did) use a variety of published sources collectively (I have to, I'm motorcycle stupid). Totally agree that there can be a slant here and there.