What are these grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat L

TwoWheelExplorer
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me where I might be able to buy grips like these?

I really love the shape for my larger hands. These are pretty tired though, and I want to put new grips and grip heaters on soon.

They have a similar tactile feel to BMW Sport Touring grips, but I prefer this shape.

I don't know what those are, but Emgo makes some in that shape. Google Emgo Black Rubber Grips and you should be able to find them.

No endorsement. I've never used them. Just ran across 'em in my travels through the intrawebs. ;)

I don't know what those are, but Emgo makes some in that shape. Google Emgo Black Rubber Grips and you should be able to find them.

No endorsement. I've never used them. Just ran across 'em in my travels through the intrawebs. ;)
Thanks. Found these. https://www.jcwhitney.com/black-rubber-cushioned-handlebar-grips/p2002128.jcwx

They appear to be hard rubber, but at least we have a lead.

I think they maybe BMW? someone knows!
That's what I was thinking originally, but I can only see the same-thickness BMW grips in my searches. I haven't stopped by a shop since there's not one convenient to me, but I plan to. BMW does make nice grips.

Thanks. Found these. https://www.jcwhitney.com/black-rubber-cushioned-handlebar-grips/p2002128.jcwx

They appear to be hard rubber, but at least we have a lead.

I think they maybe BMW? someone knows!
That's what I was thinking originally, but I can only see the same-thickness BMW grips in my searches. I haven't stopped by a shop since there's not one convenient to me, but I plan to. BMW does make nice grips.
Pat,

Ride West has them there a K bike grip around $10.00 each side.

Those are the Sunline Tacki Gran Touring Grips. I love them, as many around here do. They have been on my FJRs for close to 9 years now. Unfortunately, they have not been made or available for a couple of years now. :( Believe me, if I could find a source I would be all over them. My current ones are almost 6 years old and getting 'funky' like yours in the photo. I won't be able to keep them on much longer. I have no idea what I will use as a replacement as I love these.

My A'me grips have that shape and are heated also. They can be bought with or without heat. They're pretty tactile, and I like them a lot. They're not cheaply built, and have been trouble free.

A'me has their own sight, but I got mine from Cougar8000 at mishacycles.com.

Yep, those are the Sunline's... no longer available. Got a set on my '83 Magna V65. Rumor was a couple of years ago that somebody was going to get the Sunline molds and start making them again, never heard any more. I'd lean towards BMW grips, but you guys have posted some interesting alternatives.