What color 4 Russell seat?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haironfire

Reaction score
I have my order in for the 2010 group buy for a Russell Day-Long. Getting rectangular design w/ leather inserts. I have the Cobalt Blue GenII bike.

But, I could use some advice. What is the better color choice, charcoal or black? I have never seen it mentioned on a thread, and the gallery pix on the Russell web don't specify the color.

btw, I presume everyone gets the same color for the seat and the sides, no??

Although they do offer alot of cool colors, and I have seen some nicely done bikes with tan, red, even blue seats, my thinking has always led me to just pick black.

The reasons why are that black won't show dirt or grease marks, and that if wet, a black seat will dry in the sun faster than a lighter colored one.

So it boils down to picking funtion over flash. Choice is still yours.

KM

Last edited by a moderator:
Get black. When you sell your bike, swap in an old stock seat and sell the Russell for 60% of what you paid for it. Black gives you a better resale price.

Last edited by a moderator:
But, the charcoal color on the Russell website seems close to the FJR oem seat color.

Code:
https://day-long.com/new_pages/color_chart.html

Anybody have the charcoal?

It's a little late....but I bought the charcoal and am glad I did. After placing order I almost called to change it to black. If you have not already done so, go with charcoal.

I am considering buying an aftermarket seat, either a Russell or Cee Bailey. What is the group by deal for a Russell?
IIRC it was 30% off "when it reaches 100 buyers. 100 buyers will be accomplished within a few days.

The group buy is initiated in the fall to keep Russell busy thru the winter months.