What do you do with your riding suit when off the bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
When you are out riding around, and you stop to eat, or whatever, what do you do with your Roadcrafter (Or other 1pc suit)? I am trying to figure the best way to make sure the suite is safe while I am away from the bike. I am thinking about a lite cable run through the sleeve and then locked to the bike, but I would be interested to know what some of the other people here do.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm going to be nearby, like in a restaurant or something, I usually spread my jacket across the handlebars and windscreen to cover the electronics. If I feel like I need more security than that I will stuff it in the luggage or use a bicycle cable lock through one sleeve and lock it to the bike.

since i usely run comando (or nearly) under my riding gear, i will unzip it and the vents and traipse around in it while in the eatery. if challenged about "the look" by patrons, management, or fellow riders, i threaten them with the possible outcomes if i ditch it completely.

Suite as in penthouse suite....??? :p

Depending on temp, etc, I usually take my gear off and lock it up in my bags, or drag it with me inside.

since i usely run comando (or nearly) under my riding gear, i will unzip it and the vents and traipse around in it while in the eatery. if challenged about "the look" by patrons, management, or fellow riders, i threaten them with the possible outcomes if i ditch it completely.
Yuck

Your question is the reason why I have the Roadcrafter jacket and Darien pants combo (since the Roadcrafter pants will fall down without being used either zipped to the jacket or with suspenders). Leave the pants on, take the jacket off inside and hang it over the back of the chair. An added plus is you don't go to pay your bill then realize you've left your wallet out on the bike in your 1-piece suit pocket.

If there's room in the side case, I'll put it in there. I usually just wear the pants everywhere. If no room, I'll cable-lock the gear to my Givi rack.

1 pce Roadcrafter fits nicely into the side case of the FJR. Helmet goes in the other. Or else I'll just wear it into wherever I'm going and practice glaring at people.

I wear a two piece suit but I have no problems fitting both pieces in my Givi trunk. My helmet then goes in a sidecase.

I usually only stow the jacket, though. I'm also one of those people that usually wears the pants around the restraunt.

I just bought a used 'stich but with temps in the 90s and a heat index of 120F today, the 'stich is staying at home. That said, I take my jacket off and carry it with me. The helmet gets stowed in the top case.

My current answer to this after not knowing what to do with my bulky Aerostich one piece, was to try a set of medium weight deer skin leathers. They are conservative enough to wear off bike, and not too hot (at least in Califfornia / Oregon) and offer OK protection -- I hope!

WWWobble

I wear my stitch into the place that I am headed. If out for a long ride, I wear minimal under my suit and just traipse around in the stitch with the vents open, chest zipped down, and legs zipped up to knee level with the ankle snap still secured. If seated for a meal, I'll pull my arms out and let the upper part stand up behind me in my seat (back protector keeps it upright). It is SO MUCH COOLER to go outside in a suit that has been inside an A/C cooled building than it is to put on a suit that has been cooking in the sun.

I carry my helmet inside for similar reasons.... it allows the helmet to stay cool and makes it a bit more "fresh" when putting it on out in the sun/heat.

I wear my stitch into the place that I am headed. If out for a long ride, I wear minimal under my suit and just traipse around in the stitch with the vents open, chest zipped down, and legs zipped up to knee level with the ankle snap still secured. If seated for a meal, I'll pull my arms out and let the upper part stand up behind me in my seat (back protector keeps it upright). It is SO MUCH COOLER to go outside in a suit that has been inside an A/C cooled building than it is to put on a suit that has been cooking in the sun.
I carry my helmet inside for similar reasons.... it allows the helmet to stay cool and makes it a bit more "fresh" when putting it on out in the sun/heat.
I looked at the wx for Grapevine, TX. 97F..97F..97F. Do you wear your 'stich in that heat? If you do, guess I'm a wimp

Stuff it in the trunk.
Ha! not hard to stuff a thong... Try some decent riding gear next time. :p

:jester:
That was my work thong not my riding thong. The riding thong is kevlar.

Here is the work thong.

9100d1241749774-messingers-diary-beach-thong.jpg

I always wear two-piece. Even my Z-leathers have the zipper connection between top and pants. The pants stay on, the jacket either goes on the bike (if it's in sight) or on the back of the chair. Most times on the road, Andy stays outside with the bikes and I bring the food outside. Can you tell what type of eateries we patronize?

For work, I keep clogs in my locker, to change into, then leave all the riding gear in the employee break room. Hospital scrubs are great to wear under riding gear.