What do you do with your riding suit when off the bike?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the hotel, I stand my Cycleport up in the corner of the room for the evening.

I usually remove the jacket and wear the pants in the restaurant. I don't care what the losers in the restaurant think.

I have a Cycleport setup (Jacket and pants) and I usually either take the jacket off and drape it over the windshield or over my Givi case, or if I'm going into a restaurant I'll hang it over the back of the chair. I usually leave the pants on as i usually have shorts on under them and am not overheating. If I'm going up a hill or something I'll stuff it in a saddlebag or into my givi

In motels I usually just drape it over a chair etc...

I always leave my suit on, of course, my suit takes quite a while to remove...

StormTrooper.jpg

[SIZE=24pt][/SIZE]

ATGATT

[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

All The Gear All The Time.

Wearing everything right now including a rubber. Never know what's going to come up next.

You could market that as the ultimate weight loss plan, "Whenver feeling a craving for candy or desert or to eat at all, one glance and the hunger is gone!!! " LOL

I use a Ski cable lock I got at REI. I run it through the arms of the suit and then through the helmet to the bike. I like to swap my boots off too if it is nice and have some sandals in the tail bag.

I run the Cycle Port 2 piece mesh. Like most others I run a good cable through the jacket sleave, pant leg, and opening of my fullface Arai nicely covered by gear so the helmet won't get too hot or wet. My side bags are always too full of all the other junk I usually carry for the unknowns or whatevers. If I'm in for the night I don't leave the gear on the bike. That's usually when the bad people come out. PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear my stitch into the place that I am headed. If out for a long ride, I wear minimal under my suit and just traipse around in the stitch with the vents open, chest zipped down, and legs zipped up to knee level with the ankle snap still secured. If seated for a meal, I'll pull my arms out and let the upper part stand up behind me in my seat (back protector keeps it upright). It is SO MUCH COOLER to go outside in a suit that has been inside an A/C cooled building than it is to put on a suit that has been cooking in the sun.
I carry my helmet inside for similar reasons.... it allows the helmet to stay cool and makes it a bit more "fresh" when putting it on out in the sun/heat.
I looked at the wx for Grapevine, TX. 97F..97F..97F. Do you wear your 'stich in that heat? If you do, guess I'm a wimp
ATGATT.... I wear my stitch in all weather. As with most gear, it's only unbearable when stopped at a light. It's fine when riding at highway speeds. It's cooler than exposed skin in the sun, and much cooler than the burning sensation when the nurses at the trauma center scrub the scabs off of your road rash to debride the wounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
ATGATT.... I wear my stitch in all weather. As with most gear, it's only unbearable when stopped at a light. It's fine when riding at highway speeds. It's cooler than exposed skin in the sun, and much cooler than the burning sensation when the nurses at the trauma center scrub the scabs off of your road rash to debride the wounds.
Was not questioning ATGATT, only the use of the stich in 100F temps as opposed to maybe wearing mesh gear. I ordered a cooling vest so will experiment with it and the stich. FWIW I had a few skin grafts done in the 80s. Not a real pleasant experience.