What happened to the 2017 BigTex Rally?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndv21

Reaction score
About a month or so ago, I went ahead and registered for the Big Tex rally that was scheduled to take place this October. Last week, I received an email from Paypal indicating that my entry fee had been reimbursed to my account, but no real reason as to why. I went ahead and looked up the rally on the Ridemaster site but it has been taken down. Also, the rally's facebook page no longer exists. Really weird. I emailed the rally master but have not received a response as of yet.

This kind of sucks because this was the only rally in which I could participate this year given my work schedule....I guess I need to just knock out more IBA rides for now. Anyone know what happened?

From LDRider this morning:

I’ve had several people email me to enquire about sign-ups, but unfortunately, I’m having to cancel the event this year.
Too many other things are pulling on my time that are preventing me from having the time to make it the high-quality event that folks have come to expect from previous years. Everyone who signed up has had their money refunded, and I shut down the reservations on RideMaster about a week ago.
Ride safe, everybody.

W. Boyter

The NIITWIt Rally is running an event this Oct since Big Tex was cancelled.

https://rides.jasonjonas.com/index.php

From their Facebook Page:

On October 27-28, 2017, we will be holding the 3rd annual NIITWIt Rally. Although we adamantly insisted we would skip this year, recent developments have left the fall rally season with a major opening and we felt it was necessary to "fill the hole." (That's what she said!)

I will be posting the registration link to Ridemaster soon. Open registration for all you motorcycle miscreants will begin on July 10th following the end of the IBR.

We are ironing out details, so I don't have much to tell you now other than there will be a 36 hour and a 12 hour. The finish location will be somewhere in the vicinity of northeast Texas, southern Arkansas, or northern Louisiana. You can expect bonus locations in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Illinois, Kentucky, and Alabama.

Talk to y'all soon.

-NIITWIt Rally staff

well this really sucks . and the battle we went through, this was to be the rally Paula and I made our comeback, we understand what life brings and how things can change at any moment.

Rick & Paula natali

My first guess would have been low participation but past history has proven the BaTR to be very popular.

Clearly the RM wants to maintain that quality and would rather skip a year than leave riders feeling let down.