What hardware do I need to mount a camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRski_2007

Reaction score
I have a 07 FJR and I'm looking to mount my digital camera on it. I know that RAM Mounts makes great products, but I was wondering if someone can provide me with which items they have purchased from RAM mounts to mount their camera, meaning which part numbers. Also, where is the best place to mount it? I already have a GPS mounted on the stem mount.

Thanks

I am about to order a spare adapter for my ram mount so I can swap my gps for camera. The mount I found and will order is ram-b-347u. 2"x1.7" with 1" ball.

The setup I have created to take pictures when Mrs. BG isn't riding pillion is this:

* I have a Zumo 550. I recently moved it to a stem mount, so I am using the clutch-reservoir RAM ball mount that came with the Zumo for the camera. This one right here.

* I got myself a 5" extension arm. Just like this one.

* Finally I got the camera mount thingy that goes on the end of the RAM extension arm. On the base of your camera, there should be a place where you can mount it on a tripod. That's where this thinamabob right here attaches to your camera.

Works for me. I rode 725 miles to SFO with a camera up there. The longer extension let me rotate the camera around fairly easily while riding.

Hope this helps.

BG

BG,

I'm not clear on where you mounted this;

https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/RAM...ram-b-309-1.htm

The setup I have created to take pictures when Mrs. BG isn't riding pillion is this:
* I have a Zumo 550. I recently moved it to a stem mount, so I am using the clutch-reservoir RAM ball mount that came with the Zumo for the camera. This one right here.

* I got myself a 5" extension arm. Just like this one.

* Finally I got the camera mount thingy that goes on the end of the RAM extension arm. On the base of your camera, there should be a place where you can mount it on a tripod. That's where this thinamabob right here attaches to your camera.

Works for me. I rode 725 miles to SFO with a camera up there. The longer extension let me rotate the camera around fairly easily while riding.

Hope this helps.

BG

Clutch reservoir / left handlebar.

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

When you take a picture, does the image/picture show your windshield?It looks as the windshield would be in each picture.
Yes. If you're one of those who keeps your windshield all clean and stuff, then it won't be a problem. If you're like me and don't really keep the windshield all clean and stuff, then you're stuck taking pictures off to the sides or try to swivel the camera around so that it can peek around the windshield. Perhaps a smaller windshield would make things different, but I like my Vstream and Mrs. BG rides with me most of the time anyway and she takes a ton of pictures.

it does not matter where I mount it. I just cant use the stem mount. But, I'm fine mounting it anywhere as long as I dont see the windshield in the pictures.

There are many ways as others have posted. I really like this video by PeckHammer and a Hollywood pro that mounts cameras on bikes. He shows some great and unusual ways to mount cameras and gave me lots of ideas.

Well, after doing some research, there is no item on the market which would allow me to mount a camera on FJR without seeing the windshield in the pictures. I would have to raise the camera too high.

Hm. There's gotta be a way you can clamp/strap it to one of the mirrors... I know RAM makes hand-rail and bicycle handlebar clamps that would probably work on the mirror stalks. That would get you around the windshield. Triggering the shutter release is an exercise left for the student, as none of the damn digital cameras come with remote shutter cables these days.