What is a Used Seat Worth?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I'd like to get a new and more comfortable seat, like so many of you, but I'd also like to eventually sell the too-hard-for-me- but-perfectly-good-for-somebody Corbin seat that was on the used '05 when I bought it. I called Russell up in Northern California and they have to have a seat pan to work with, which I don't want to use the Corbin for. So here's the question:

What's a good price (fair to both) for a stock pair of '05 seats? I know I have to shell out pretty good bucks to Russell to get the new one, so I don't want to pay too much, but another forum member has one and doesn't have a good sense of what it's worth, and of course wants to get what he can. So have you sold or bought one, and what did you pay? So your input is appreciated.

I'd like to get a new and more comfortable seat, like so many of you, but I'd also like to eventually sell the too-hard-for-me- but-perfectly-good-for-somebody Corbin seat that was on the used '05 when I bought it. I called Russell up in Northern California and they have to have a seat pan to work with, which I don't want to use the Corbin for. So here's the question:
What's a good price (fair to both) for a stock pair of '05 seats? I know I have to shell out pretty good bucks to Russell to get the new one, so I don't want to pay too much, but another forum member has one and doesn't have a good sense of what it's worth, and of course wants to get what he can. So have you sold or bought one, and what did you pay? So your input is appreciated.
I bought a like new stock seat front and back for an 05 not that long ago for $150

and i am going to be selling a sargent pair with back rest soon for $475.

just to give you an idea.

Richard

I sold one to somebody here fer fifty bucks.... Damn if I remember who though. :blink: Think it was one'a the "cheeze heads"

Yeah, I'm a nice guy really.

:jester:

I'm getting a vibe of about 200 to 250 difference between the 2 if thats what your looking at.. 150 at the low end.

Not to complicate things, but what style corbin is it? Canyon? Does it have blue piping?

I am in the market for a new seat. Maybe we can do some type of trade?

I have an 05 w/ 14k on it. (shameful I know).

I bought a like new stock seat front and back for an 05 not that long ago for $150and i am going to be selling a sargent pair with back rest soon for $475.

just to give you an idea.

Richard
Is the Sargent spoken for? I'd be interested in it if it's not...