What is good for thermal neck protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally love my Turtle Fur Shellaclava. Its kept my neck warm and dry during very cold and wet rides.

TurtleFur%20Shellaclava_410x410.jpg

Hmmm, I have been using turtle necks all my life. Not bulky and works like a charm. The best part you will never forget the neck part anywhere :)

I wear either the fleece neck gaitor or my pullover fleece jacket that has a 1/4 zipper and zips up like a turtleneck. The widder helps too, but I find I don't need that unless it's ~25 degress or lower.

I wear a hoodie sweatshirt under my jacket and let the hood drape down over the back of my neck to seal between my jacket and my helmet. My jacket, A Kilimanjaro II, closes up high enough to protect my neck from the front. This requires a full face or modular helmet .

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have experiences with a product to get their neck warm?
I use the Aerostich Wind Triangle (Euclid's Face Fairing) -- the 'ultrasuede' one. When checking their web-catalog, I see they now offer a bigger size (26" hypotenuse) -- something I asked Andy for years ago (guess I need to place another order....?).

It's good to ask for things...... ;)

Balaclava goes on first followed by the Gerbing heated jacket liner zipped up over covering my entire torso and neck.

Toasty baby!

Steve

I have had good luck with a $5 baclava from performancebikes.com. That, combined with a good jacket and full face helmet and I had no problems riding to -2 degree days.

Have used this setup for 2 winter riding seasons with no issues so far...works well in the cold rain too.

I use a black leather neck "warmer" shaped into a triangle with some velcro on two corners. Bought it at a local shop. When it gets really cold I add a balaclava made for skiers that fits under the lid.